Home

Recruiting Factors Besides the Phone Call

This is a discussion on Recruiting Factors Besides the Phone Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6
Recruiting Factors Besides the Phone Call

After reading many people's assessment's of NCAA 11's new recruiting system I was under the impression that the in-call points were the only factor and you were competing with the computer who was doing similar things. I just realized while playing in a UNLV Dynasty that that can't possibly be the case.

UNLV and Nevada were competing all season for a 3* WR and finally in Week 8 he has a soft commit to Nevada. I go look at the points and think that it's no big deal. UNLV is only down -1. I maxed out the call to 60 minutes and luckily had the advisor on my side. Every pitch went for 100+ points and at the end of the call I had accumulated 800 pts.

The next week comes around and I am now losing the recruiting battle by 640 points. My question is what other factors play into the points system besides the phone call? Any of your thoughts and opinions would be great because I just cannot master the recruiting this year for the life of me.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Recruiting Factors Besides the Phone Call

Maybe a visit. Barring that, potentially they recruited against you and hit big on their pitches.

Or maybe it's just that soft commits give a big bonus that doesn't go through until the following week so you thought you were down -1 but in actuality it was, say, -1001, and you hit +800, they hit +400 and you're "now" down by those 600 points.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
What is the advisor, and how do I get it?
Old 07-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #4

Cubone_Jones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigogouhou
Maybe a visit. Barring that, potentially they recruited against you and hit big on their pitches.

Or maybe it's just that soft commits give a big bonus that doesn't go through until the following week so you thought you were down -1 but in actuality it was, say, -1001, and you hit +800, they hit +400 and you're "now" down by those 600 points.
He had been a soft commit for at least a few weeks. If there aren't any other factors I am really clueless. I don't think they could have docked me 500 in their call...
Old 07-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #5

Cubone_Jones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
What is the advisor, and how do I get it?
From my understanding it's random. Some weeks while recruiting a player there will be an icon that says "x2" next to his picture and that means every pitch you make is doubled.

You can buy this advantage but that would be dumb. Just move down to the lowest recruiting difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

Yea i would love to know, also some people commit to teams so early but never mine.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

A visit could have a significant impact.

Also another team could have made a handful of promises. Promises can be big.

A scholarship too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »