Home

WOW- online quitting is out of control!

This is a discussion on WOW- online quitting is out of control! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
WOW- online quitting is out of control!

Last 6 games played......I am 1-5 with 5 quits....and 1 legit loss and thats not including 1 first half quit. I had one guy quit with 30 secs left, up by 3 because I was about to score to win...lol (of course I get the loss). I have been up and i chose quit and count the game (I should get the win) and I get the loss.

I have online dynasty, but that is mostly cpu games. Hell, even though I rarely played Madden Ranked games, they never had this problem. I will play in 2 - 32 team league for Madden 11....but until then....wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: WOW- online quitting is out of control!

This will never change sadly people who play online against you are just a bunch of wussies and take a loss because it is just a video game. This has been going on for a few years in both NCAA and Madden .I agree it is stupid .Hence the reason I never play online in the lobbies only in sim leagues and OD ..Thanks EA for letting us down .This also happens in the MLB the show series as well. :
Old 07-26-2010, 12:58 AM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface
Last 6 games played......I am 1-5 with 5 quits....and 1 legit loss and thats not including 1 first half quit. I had one guy quit with 30 secs left, up by 3 because I was about to score to win...lol (of course I get the loss). I have been up and i chose quit and count the game (I should get the win) and I get the loss.

I have online dynasty, but that is mostly cpu games. Hell, even though I rarely played Madden Ranked games, they never had this problem. I will play in 2 - 32 team league for Madden 11....but until then....wow.
Sorry but this doesn't make any sense to me. I dont always get the win when my opponent quits, but I've never gotten a loss.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:16 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface

Your post perfectly illustrates why I will not play online with people I don't know.

Good thing I'm mostly an offline dynasty guy.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:18 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy
This will never change sadly people who play online against you are just a bunch of wussies and take a loss because it is just a video game. This has been going on for a few years in both NCAA and Madden .I agree it is stupid .Hence the reason I never play online in the lobbies only in sim leagues and OD ..Thanks EA for letting us down .This also happens in the MLB the show series as well. :
Enlighten me... How is this EA's fault?

Seems the problem is that people can't take a loss... So they quit. I don't think that's really EA's fault.

If they need to tune the settings so people who quit get an automatic loss, then I understand the frustration, but it really shouldn't be pinned on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 01:37 AM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Enlighten me... How is this EA's fault?

Seems the problem is that people can't take a loss... So they quit. I don't think that's really EA's fault.

If they need to tune the settings so people who quit get an automatic loss, then I understand the frustration, but it really shouldn't be pinned on them.
This is already the case. The problem is that if people quit in the first half then the person who was quitted on doesn't get a win. This is a bad decision on the part of EA because it takes wins away from better players.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:23 AM   #7
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Last 5 games I've played, I've played them all against people with <10% DNF. Got beat once, 3 1st or 2nd quarter quits and one win.

I've been up 14-0, 14-3 and latest 20-0 and each quits like a little pansy. Last year was just fine the way it was. This is absolute bull.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:28 AM   #8
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Not giving wins for first half quits is a bit extreme. I don't play online but I understand the logic of EA. Some people will play a buddy, who will quit just into the game to give their friend a win. It is like that for every EA game, and they are always trying to stop it, but end up making the stop for that too extreme the other way. I remember in NHL, if you had too many DNF wins in your last 10 you didn't get any points for them because of this reason.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »