Home

Good Dynasty Settings

This is a discussion on Good Dynasty Settings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Good Dynasty Settings

I don't thinnk sliders would make a difference in this so I'm posting it here, but anyway I just played through year one of my NIU dynasty (finished 7-6, lost in GMAC Bowl to ND) and after looking at the season stats, I realize that the amount of yards my players gained/passed for seemed pretty realistic, but the amount of carries, attempts, receptions, and completions compared to the cpu's were waaaay to low. My Qb had just 172 completions on 268 attempts, my leading reciever had 35 receptions, and my HB had only 95 carries. I played the first season with default settings (5 minute quarters, but difficulty was on AA), so I figured that must be the problem. How many minute quarters should I play to end up with all round realistic stats, for both me and the cpu?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Rookie

Chef J2's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Good Dynasty Settings

For more realistic stats, adjust the length of the game to 8 minutes. With longer quarters, you may want to consider adjusting some additional sliders to shorten the play length. But that's something that you'll have to play with and decide what's best for your particular style of play.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

I play 7 min. with SN's AA sliders and get great results
Old 07-26-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

What kind of yards did those players put up with those numbers? Unless you find sliders or only average close to realistic yards per catch and per rush then the numbers will generally be lower than realistic. I play with 7 minute quarters with my own sliders and the yardage is always about right. I don't pay too much attention to the numbers, but I do average close to realistic carries for my RB. It is hard to balance passing and running to realistic balanced numbers if you play on shorter quarters. You almost have to commit to one or the other. Especially with the amount of big plays in video games, if you were to play the right amount of plays the scored would be way too high.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

i started with 7 minute quarters with SN sliders. At a glance, the numbers seem good but they are not. I come in too low on O and too high on D in the rankings at the end of the year. This can only be due to time played. I am not a powerhouse on D and a cupcake on O. I am just not getting as many snaps as simed games and the CPU is getting fewer against me.

I upped it to 8 minutes and it got better but it still was not right. I am playing on 9 now. There are probably a number of other factors but make sure you check all the stats to see if youre getting numbers that you like. If you are a mid-low range school and you are not an A+++ player then you should not have one of the top Ds in the nation unless you have an F schedule etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 05:52 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've found 9 minute quarters gets a pretty realistic amount of plays per game.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:13 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFSSS
I've found 9 minute quarters gets a pretty realistic amount of plays per game.
Yep.

I was doing 8 but found that each team was getting about 10 plays less than average. Bumping it up to 9 got me the perfect amount of plays on each side and the stats have reflected that as well.

So my vote goes to 9.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #8
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Yep.

I was doing 8 but found that each team was getting about 10 plays less than average. Bumping it up to 9 got me the perfect amount of plays on each side and the stats have reflected that as well.

So my vote goes to 9.
How are your scores looking in the 9 minute quarters? Also what settings do you use?
MLB: Chicago Cubs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »