Home

Really hate the recruiting now

This is a discussion on Really hate the recruiting now within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #33
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Really hate the recruiting now

I am having a difficult time recruiting too. I have actually started a spreadsheet to track my recruits from week to week. It seems so random how many points you will end up with in a week. I only have 15 on my board and spent 40 min or more on 11 of them.

For example, I'm 4* Clemson recruiting (on All-American) a 4* FS. Last week I was in 2nd, -160 back. So I spent 40 minutes and gained 475 points (got a x2). This week I am 1st, +1 ahead of 2nd. Then for another 4* WR I really wanted I was 3rd, -520 back. So I went all out with 60 minutes, but because my "lotto numbers" weren't coming up, I only gained 409 points during the 60 minute call. So I go to this week and I'm 2nd, but -580 back. I lose 60 points to the 1st place team even though I put in max time.

It's kind of dumb that I cannot pick my pitches or my selling points. I am at the mercy of the "lotto" system. I'm gonna try to put my best foot forward, not call a kid and say "Hey, our campus life is really lame, but you should still come here."

I am having a hard time figuring out what a good point total is for a call. Like I said, it seems random and frustrating you cannot make up ground even if you are putting in max time.

Last edited by blLLD0; 07-26-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blLLD0
For example, I'm 4* Clemson recruiting (on All-American) a 4* FS. Last week I was in 2nd, -160 back. So I spent 40 minutes and gained 475 points (got a x2). This week I am 1st, +1 ahead of 2nd. Then for another 4* WR I really wanted I was 3rd, -520 back. So I went all out with 60 minutes, but because my "lotto numbers" weren't coming up, I only gained 409 points during the 60 minute call. So I go to this week and I'm 2nd, but -580 back. I lose 60 points to the 1st place team even though I put in max time.

It's kind of dumb that I cannot pick my pitches or my selling points. I am at the mercy of the "lotto" system. I'm gonna try to put my best foot forward, not call a kid and say "Hey, our campus life is really lame, but you should still come here."
First, just because you put in max time and gained 400 points doesn't mean that you gained that, the #1 team must have earned 460 points. Or maybe some other school compared pitches and cost you some of your 400 points. Remember, you're not recruiting in a vacuum...everyone else is recruiting too.

As for your second point, I have a few things. First, you will occasionally get a "Coach's Choice" where you get to pick the topic. I've only recruited for one week (still exploring Syracuse's playbook in practice mode) but it did happen to me once in that week, not sure how frequent it is over the long haul though. Also, I find that the new system is more like a conversation. How often do you think a coach calls and says "ok, what's your interest level on x? Ok, what's your interest level on y? Ok, my checklist is done, good-bye." This way, it feels like more of a flow to me. Finally, it does prevent you from constantly spamming on your A+ pitch that he is Most interested in. If you're calling the same kid every week, do you really think he's going to want to hear the same conversation every time you call?

Now, I also have a question...so it sounds like people are saying it's ok to have 35 spots filled on your recruit board but to only really target 15 or so. Sounds good to me...but does it matter where you have them on the board? I reordered my board a couple times so I could find the top players or the most interested or whatever for a particular call. If I leave it sorted by interest, will it negatively impact my top target if he's number 10 when it comes to interest?

Otherwise, I really liked the one week of recruiting I did. In fact, I might skip the "Quick Call" option altogether this year!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
(still exploring Syracuse's playbook in practice mode)
This is off-topic, but I'd advise checking out Tulane's playbook. I was stuck on Syracuse for a long time after first getting this game, but will be changing over Tulane's book for the second season of my online dynasty.

They're very similar, but Tulane has one more I-Form, they have the split set, which is excellent, and they have one more play in their Wildcat formation. The rest, for the most part, is apples and oranges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #36
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

i have a question about filling your board.

i'm of the opinion, and let me know if i am wrong, that because the x2 really can be a game changer and because it's totally random who gets it, i only put on my board who i'm actually recruiting (well actually the first two weeks i put a few more on because i lose instant commits and fill in with whoever is left but by week 3 or 4 i'm down to 15).

reason being i don't want the x2 wasted on a guy just sitting on my board that i haven't really recruited yet?

does anyone agree with this or are you all board fillers?
Chicago White Sox
Old 07-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #37
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
i have a question about filling your board.

i'm of the opinion, and let me know if i am wrong, that because the x2 really can be a game changer and because it's totally random who gets it, i only put on my board who i'm actually recruiting (well actually the first two weeks i put a few more on because i lose instant commits and fill in with whoever is left but by week 3 or 4 i'm down to 15).

reason being i don't want the x2 wasted on a guy just sitting on my board that i haven't really recruited yet?

does anyone agree with this or are you all board fillers?
I've thought about doing this, so the Adviser bonus' aren't wasted each week, but i've never actually done it.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #38
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I've thought about doing this, so the Adviser bonus' aren't wasted each week, but i've never actually done it.
i've gotten guys i was way behind on with a little help from the x2 and the pipeline. just seeing if anyone else used same strategery
Chicago White Sox
Old 07-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

What are you guys referring to about this 2X stuff?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #40
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
What are you guys referring to about this 2X stuff?
Every week, I think 2 recruits on your board will have a random bonus, it could be a 2x point bonus, or a bonus that makes their pitches easier to sway, or the possibility of an instacommit. There might be others, but I'm not sure.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »