Home

Alabama favoritism doesn't just end with the rosters

This is a discussion on Alabama favoritism doesn't just end with the rosters within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who should win the Heisman Trophy
Jake Locker 28 52.83%
Mark Ingram 25 47.17%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #17
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Alabama favoritism doesn't just end with the rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97

"Half queer"? What does that mean LSU fan?
Referring to Tebow...people will never stop qq over him being a great player and a great person. Ever.

As for favoritism, I feel like this game if anything leans towards the damned Buckeyes more than anyone else. 4 different seasons in 2 dynasties I've beaten Alabama while they were #1, while I was ranked #3, yet the week after, OSU, who was #2 all 4 times, sneaks to the #1 spot in the coach and media poll. :| Even in actuality and in the BCS system IRL, I'd be surprised if that happened.

Last edited by FedExPope; 07-26-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #18
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
We all know the Heisman is judged more upon rating than stats anyway.

Really no need for this thread anyway.
Didn't know I was posting at SA. Thanks for your hospitality.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #19
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

OVR: 4

I just wish they weren't in every single newspaper headline. In an annoying example, after year one of my dynasty where Alabama (somehow) finished second in the SEC West and won the Sugar Bowl, and Undefeated Washington won the National Title, the headline I had to see the whole offseason was how Alabama finished the season ranked third. Seriously? Jake Locker leading his team to an undefeated National Championship season, and undefeated Nevada finishing second after upsetting Ohio State in the Rose Bowl, are both less important than Alabama being ranked third?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #20
Rookie

PittmanPla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSaStAx94
I just wish they weren't in every single newspaper headline. In an annoying example, after year one of my dynasty where Alabama (somehow) finished second in the SEC West and won the Sugar Bowl, and Undefeated Washington won the National Title, the headline I had to see the whole offseason was how Alabama finished the season ranked third. Seriously? Jake Locker leading his team to an undefeated National Championship season, and undefeated Nevada finishing second after upsetting Ohio State in the Rose Bowl, are both less important than Alabama being ranked third?
That's been the case a lot in recent NCAA's though
They focus more on big schools then the big bowls in my experience
Old 07-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #21
Rookie

browntowntiger's Arena

OVR: 2

youd think bear bryant was at the throne again with all the bama hoopla going on in the dynasties. contrary to the fact the more success nick saban has, the closer these bama fans are to losing him. you love the guy but the guy loves money and power more. he'll bring one university back to the limelight and scat *** once again for the mighty dollar at some other big university. Take it from an LSU fan who knows the man and his tendencies. His weaknesses have nothing to do with the x's and o's of the game. The defense will always be solid and he makes good hires for o-coordiators so he doesent have to mess with that.

i cant believe the man called these agents pimps when he himself is a whore for money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #22
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Given how he bolted LSU after winning the championship for greener pastures, the Dolphins, then was a bust and bolted again for greener pastures, bama, I would also be wary as an Alabama fan of Saban's loyalty. Now bama is currently the king of the college world, but that doesn't mean that he will stay. Contrarily, I would think if he wins 1 or 2 more championships at bama, he will get bored and go somewhere else. But at the same time, we have to think...

LSU was his first big time job. He did well, winning a championship, but fell victim to the same mistake other successful college coaches fell victim to: the NFL. After he proved himself to be unfit for duty in the league, he was hired at Alabama. Say what you want, but I would think Alabama's prestige is among the highest in all of the NCAA, higher than LSU. Sure they fell on tough times..but he knew he could once again make them into a powerhouse...and quickly. He's #1 in many ways now. What other position could he possibly want? He's already had the NFL experience and knows he doesn't want that. What's more prestigious than Alabama? Notre Dame? They could sure as hell use him for his defensive expertise, but the level of prestige of Notre Dame compared to Alabama is a very small amount, especially nowadays with Notre Dame being nothing special for most of the time after Jerome Bettis left. There are certain jobs in college ball that are elite, but pretty equal; Alabama is among them.

This is how I see it. tl;dr: Saban is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. For all of my dislike of the villainous Lane Kiffin, Saban isn't that much different - though he is decidedly more professional, and infinitely more qualified than Kiffin is, or ever will be.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #23
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntowntiger
youd think bear bryant was at the throne again with all the bama hoopla going on in the dynasties. contrary to the fact the more success nick saban has, the closer these bama fans are to losing him. you love the guy but the guy loves money and power more. he'll bring one university back to the limelight and scat *** once again for the mighty dollar at some other big university. Take it from an LSU fan who knows the man and his tendencies. His weaknesses have nothing to do with the x's and o's of the game. The defense will always be solid and he makes good hires for o-coordiators so he doesent have to mess with that.

i cant believe the man called these agents pimps when he himself is a whore for money.
I thought we were done with that in '07?

@AdamdotH
Old 07-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #24
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Saban isn't that much different - though he is decidedly more professional, .
Are we talking about the same Nick Saban who essentially left the Dolphins by saying "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" then taking a plane to Alabama right after? I mean, I know Lane Kiffin is the definition of everything unprofessional, but the words Saban and professional should never be in the same sentence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »