Home

IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ???

This is a discussion on IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ???
YES 27 36.00%
NO 48 64.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
Banned

pichon617's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjgbxx
same thing i was thinking, waaaaa? Do you mean you won state?
In the state of MASS we call it for example DIV 1 SUPERBOWL BROCKTON BOXERS
Old 07-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #18
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Too many hits to the head during high school OP???
Old 07-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #19
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

I didn't know you could win the Super Bowl in HS. Now that is cheesing.

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #20
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichon617
In the state of MASS we call it for example DIV 1 SUPERBOWL BROCKTON BOXERS
Yankees...sheesh.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think the source of your problems can be traced back to a few things:

1.) You played HS football in Mass and you have some kind of delusions of granduer about it.

This explains why you think that there isn't much difference in HS football and college football, especially major college football. In Mass, there probably isn't much difference. If you lived in an area of the country that produce notable football talent, you would have been able to see the difference first hand.

If you played on a "superbowl" champion team in Florida or Texas, or even anywhere in the Southeast then the defense your "superbowl" team ran might have some correlation to football prowess. But you won the "superbowl" in Mass, which probably means your HS football team was on par with an average HS football team in your favorite state of Florida.

2.) You are from Mass but your favorite college football team is from 1,500 miles away and you have no apparent connection to them.

Granted, if I was from Mass, I would probably ignore college sports altogether because there is no real connection there. You have BC, but that isn't much to write home about. I would stick with pro sports if I were you, at least then you can hire athletes from places that produce them and be competitive.

But what I can see from this means you are probably a bandwagon fan. Bandwagon fans never aquire a true appretiation or understanding of the sport because they like whoever is good. They don't really care why they are good, they just see that number 1 ranking and like them. When you stick with a team through the good and bad, you learn more about the game because you understand what goes into winning and into losing.

You can't even see the difference between a 4-4 defense and a 4-2-5 defense, this screams loudly that you either don't understand football or were never exposed to atheticism in the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

Steve Spurrier ran the 4-4 in his early years at UF. It was very successful for him, but the personnel was more like a 4-2-5 or 4-3. It was definitely listed as a 4-4.

http://www.twitter.com/GrnEyedBanditTN
Old 07-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #23
Rookie

oklahoma19's Arena

OVR: 3

Haha. Massachusetts? Do they even play football up there or is it Canadian style? If you played REAL high school football (Florida, Texas, Cali, Oklahoma) then youd know that a 4-4 wouldnt be such a good idea in high school because of the high amount of spread offenses... What coverage can you run out of a 4-4? Cover 1, Cover 3,... um... hahaha with only 1 high safety you are kind of limited. But hey.. that stuff might work in Massachusetts..
Old 07-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahoma19
Haha. Massachusetts? Do they even play football up there or is it Canadian style? If you played REAL high school football (Florida, Texas, Cali, Oklahoma) then youd know that a 4-4 wouldnt be such a good idea in high school because of the high amount of spread offenses... What coverage can you run out of a 4-4? Cover 1, Cover 3,... um... hahaha with only 1 high safety you are kind of limited. But hey.. that stuff might work in Massachusetts..
Nice job throwing your bias in. Oklahoma isn't in the same conversation for top high school football brah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »