Home

Dynasty Musings: NCAA 11 Dynasty Review

This is a discussion on Dynasty Musings: NCAA 11 Dynasty Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Wow, those are some really low scores for what I think is a pretty good dynasty. I know that there are ways to improve, but what they have set out to do this year in this game is pretty good...

I like the write-up, but the ratings might be a bit harsh. That's just my opnion though.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 14
Why can't they bring back player training? Like when you did the 40 yard dash, QB pocket drills, etc, to make your players better. Or just because it's not next gen that they can't do that? and players should progress during the season like older versions. It's lame in these games because players don't get good!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #19
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Dynasty Musings: NCAA 11 Dynasty Review

I would like to see stats from the recruits as the year plays out. This game needs a LOI day and all targets should be available until they sign.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #20
Rookie

bnoe1023's Arena

OVR: 8
I just started my dynasty last night, and while the initial gameplay, presentation, etc. are great, a few things worry me moving forward:

- QB AWR: any QB w/ a rating less than 81 has terrible SIM stats. I saw this in Week 1 of simulation last night, as Florida lost at home to Miami Ohio with John Brantley's completion % around 40-50%. That's just stupid.

- CPU recruiting: this really worries me, as I like to try to go as far as I can in my Dynasty mode to, you know, build a dynasty. But what's the fun in that when the competition gets easier and easier each year because the CPU teams don't recruit for need? This needs fixing ASAP EA!

- Player progression: this may be my biggest worry, as I don't want there to be a bunch of sub-par players 5-6 years down the road. One of the most enjoyable aspects of video games and dynasties to me is playing with and against dominant players. What's the fun in playing with a bunch of average joe's? Also, this would seem to affect uploading Draft Classes to Madden Franchise mode as well, which I like to do.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4
I used to love NCAA football, now i hate it. Same thing every year, nothing new. Yes, i'm fully aware sports is repetitive in nature, but come on. You should only have the same commentary at the absolute most 3 years in a row, and you should be adding a ton of lines in year 2 and 3 seeing as you have the base. This is boring! I've gone from purchasing the game on the first day and pretty much throwing it in the garbage after ten minutes, to only being bored after a couple games. Presentation is improved, but not by much. Gameplay is awesome, agreed, but there's still a ton of work to be done, and this is coming from someone who hates to bash games....maybe i'm just getting too old for this, because there are very few sports games that have kept me entertained on next gen.

I want to see player's being disciplined again. I want at have, at half time, the option or 3 0r 4 things that i can say to my team to get them ready, and I want to see if my speech flops, or inspires them a la knute Rockne.

I want assistant coaches to be implemented, but I could care less about playbooks. I want to see how they will improve their specific position.

I want to have sort of an "Owner's mode" to set a budget, and if i'm a small school, be able to build a new gym for the team.

I'd love to see 1AA involved, and make it so that you can build from being a great 1AA team to a great 1A team.

I want to see fans screaming for their coach to be fired if they struggle. I want them screaming to him in as school president if he's good.

I want interviews with players, so we can have their words "posted on the blackboard" if they slight next week's opposition.

Dynasty modes can be so much more than what they are right now, it's sad.

yeah, gameplay's great now, let's move Dynasty's to next gen, or I'll just stop buying your games altogether.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm again dissapointed in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »