Home

I Love How Progression Is Done

This is a discussion on I Love How Progression Is Done within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: I Love How Progression Is Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
Hey claystone, what are you seeing for your WRs elusiveness ratings??
I'm at work right now, but i'll get that to you. If you are by the game, look at San Diego's WR AWR. You have the numbers of the players. The reason why I know my HB was because I noticed HB with low AWR ran better in the game, and didn't have that HB glitch i hate.

But here is my WR stats for the year. Almost all are in the low 70's OVR.

San Diego Receiving:
WR #84: 53 Rec / 1,157yds / 11 TD / 21.8 Avg.
WR #80: 51 Rec / 821yds / 5 TD / 16.0 Avg.
WR #4: 39 Rec / 556yds / 2 TD / 14.2 Avg.
TE: #7: 16 Rec / 250yds / 2 TD / 15.6 Avg.

Even though they had low OVR they performed fine. And my HB had both Low AWR and OVR and had 1,100+ yds 4.3 AVG.

There is one thing i do agree, it's that kickers miss way too many extra points. That is the ONLY position i see a problem with.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #74
Banned

Here is what I see is going to happen. EA is going to patch the progression, and we are going to get a bunch of players rated high 80's and 90's. I can see the writing on the wall.

That will really kill the game for me. It's either Feast or famine with ea.

Edit: Yes, i don't have to take the patch, but i'm waiting on the HB glitch and penalties to be fixed in a patch. If progression is with it then i guess no patch for me.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #75
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Here is what I see is going to happen. EA is going to patch the progression, and we are going to get a bunch of players rated high 80's and 90's. I can see the writing on the wall.

That will really kill the game for me. It's either Feast or famine with ea.
I can see that, because its only minor tweaks that need to be applied, and even if they make the minor changes, it could have dramatic results.

I wish EA Adam Thompson would make an appearance to at least address the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #76
Banned

Give the players the ability to edit ALL players in the game and problem will be solved.

Players can edit, until their hearts desire.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Give the players the ability to edit ALL players in the game and problem will be solved.

Players can edit, until their hearts desire.
I can't believe no one has brought this up yet. Choice is ALWAYS the best option. Open and Closed Dynasty like in CH2k8. Problem solved (kinda).
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
This is my problem with progression.

In this game, lets say you recruited a ** named, I don't know, Michael Crabtree.

His rating would be a 55, and because of his school, it would probably top out at 63.

However, in real life, because of how great he fit into the TT system, Crabtree was stellar in his first three years of college. In his second year (redshirt), when he would have likely been a 57 rating, Crabtree had 134 catches, 1962 yards, and 22 TDS. His third year, likely being rated a 60, Crabtree had 97 catches, 1165 yards, and 19 TDS.

That is why I don't like progression/ratings. Sleeper recruits don't exist. You can recruit any player into any system, and they will all progress virtually similar.
For people saying progression is perfect, I'm still waiting for a response.

My argument won't be to turn a guy from a 57 rated player to a 99 rated player, but because of his stats, he should easily jump somewhere between 72-77 for that type of production.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #79
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I'm at work right now, but i'll get that to you. If you are by the game, look at San Diego's WR AWR. You have the numbers of the players. The reason why I know my HB was because I noticed HB with low AWR ran better in the game, and didn't have that HB glitch i hate.

But here is my WR stats for the year. Almost all are in the low 70's OVR.

San Diego Receiving:
WR #84: 53 Rec / 1,157yds / 11 TD / 21.8 Avg.
WR #80: 51 Rec / 821yds / 5 TD / 16.0 Avg.
WR #4: 39 Rec / 556yds / 2 TD / 14.2 Avg.
TE: #7: 16 Rec / 250yds / 2 TD / 15.6 Avg.

Even though they had low OVR they performed fine. And my HB had both Low AWR and OVR and had 1,100+ yds 4.3 AVG.

There is one thing i do agree, it's that kickers miss way too many extra points. That is the ONLY position i see a problem with.
You're in year TWO of a dynasty playing CPU/CPU games. The gap between your experiences and the experiences of those who have faced this issue are immense.

1. You are still using mostly original players. These players do not have skill ratings in the 40/50 range.

2. You're playing CPU/CPU on fairly default sliders. I'm nearly certain from my experiences in CPU/CPU and Coach Mode that any passing team regardless of talent will put up absurd yards per catch numbers. The CPU plays far too open in the passing game at this time unless you blow the sliders out far in the defense's favor.

3. You're still missing the point that your personal team experiences only account for 1% of the games played within a season. There are 119 other teams out there who play in your dynasty. Those games are simulated and the sim engine handles players with 40/50 AWR and skill ratings far differently than those with 70/80 AWR and skill ratings.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 9

As many people are finally starting to say: progression isn't really the issue, but it is an issue in this flawed dynasty, where the league talent plummets, where teams have gaping holes on their roster, where your OLB is your best kicker, where FCS teams are some of the best teams in the league.

I like how most players progress between 8 - 14 points in the dynasty, I think that is fine and a suitable number. The problems, however, are that incoming players are rated too low, their progression in key ratings is very skewed, and there is a total lack of balance in player talents -- OLB's with 75 kicking ability, but K's with 40.

A lower progression is okay, adjusted ratings are even okay, but when CPU kickers miss 90% of field goals, and miss 100% of field goals from beyond the 19 yard line; when teams have WR's who have 40 awr and 40 elusiveness; when your OLB is your best punter... Those are real problems. When "FCS East" is better than 40% of the teams in Dynasty, enough so that they crush teams like Maryland, Kansas, Notre Dame, etc.

Perhaps the most sure sign that there are errors in Dynasty is that the FCS teams, East, South, west, etc., all keep their player ratings at around ~60 (because these teams don't recruit, they're auto-generated at the start of each game), yet teams that started Dynasty at or around 60s are now down in the 40s. I have a hard time believing that people like it when FCS East beats Louisville 57 - 7.

Last edited by Rebel10; 07-27-2010 at 06:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »