Home

Words cant describe my anger right now

This is a discussion on Words cant describe my anger right now within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #9
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Words cant describe my anger right now

Was up 13-7 against #1 Wisconsin at home as Purdue. 2nd and goal inside the 5. Run a toss play to Ralph Bolden, thinking that the worst that would happen is he is stopped for a loss and I have 3rd and goal from the 5 or 6.

He gets absolutely lit up and fumbles, only his second fumble on 140+ carries all season. A defensive tackle of theirs returns it all the way to my 30 yard line. Yes he was faster than almost all the skill players I had on the field. Of course they score with John Clay who I had done a great job to that point focusing on and shutting down. I go down 14-13 with maybe 2 minutes left.

From that point on it's typical CPU pass defense. I have guys wide open over the top but I can't even step into a throw because I'm getting sacked.

End result 14-13 loss to Wisconsin in a game I should have won.

I take solace in knowing they lost to Alabama by 30 in the national title game.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:21 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatopa09
In my second year in my offline dynasty with PSU im am playing Alabama. I have multiple 5 stars visiting. So Ill skip to the 4th qtr where I am up 35-21 with 3 min left. And it wasnt easy to gain a 14 pt lead on their A+ Defense and A+ offense. Either way i have them on 4th down and I stop them. Then I get called for a 15 yard pass intereference penalty. A couple plays later I stop them again on 4th down only to get called for roughing the passer. The very next play they score on a long TD.

35-28. Ok no big deal 2:30 ill just run out the clock. I break a 35 yard run with Stephfon Green only to get called back on holding. Next play I complete a 24 yard pass to Derek Moye only to have that get called back for holding again. On 3rd and eternity I manage to pick up the first down and then some only to have Curtis Drake fumble it. They drive down the field with ease and tie it up with a minute left.

35-35. At this point I'm pissed and mentally preparing myself for overtime. Put I have 2 timeouts left and I managed to return the kickoff to the 30. I complete a couple nice passes and hurry up to the line and get the ball to their 46. On the next play I roll out and throw deep to Curtis Drake who makes an incredible diving catch at their 12. I hurry up down the field and get my field goal unit out their. My freshman field goal kicker nails it to give me a 3 point lead. Now im pretty sure the clock was about to run out but it just stopped with one second left. I get nervous.

So its now 38-35 with one second left and for some reason I just get scared and decide to supersim it and watch. And instead of squibbing the goddamn thing the cpu kicks it deep. A few juke moves later their Kick returner is strolling down the sidelines and I am throwing my controller against the wall. Im mean I am furious right now.
LOL.

Sorry man, I'm not laughing at your loss, but the description you gave was awesome. I can't count how many times I've been in the same boat. What's worse is that you had stud recruits visiting and they left with a bad taste in their mouth.

Have more confidence in yourself next time. You should have played the kickoff.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:28 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32

This thread is golden because it reminds me of all the defeats I've taken over the years and the controllers that met my anger afterward.

I've probably broken five controllers over the past 15 years playing video games. I got mad one time and ran one over with the lawn mower on purpose. My dad wasn't too impressed.

Games like that truly blow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have a frustrating story as well. So I'm playing as Tennessee in my dyansty. I've move teams to different confereces and such no UAB is no longer on my schedule so I put Indiana to fill that spot.

I have a 17-10 lead with 35 seconds left. When Ben Chappell finds his WR open on a post to tie the game....No big deal till I watched the replay asn saw that my safty wasn't anywhere near him...ie min 10 yards away...so I focus on him cuz he has been beaten like a drum all season...As I'm watching him he takes 5 step into his backpeddle, then breaks to the sideline...so I'm thinking ok maybe his zone was over there (playing deep mid zone) nope...there wasnt even a player over there...I end up losng in overtime 35-33 on the same damn play. I play on all-american with adjusted sliders and the CPU just racks up passing yards like it going outta style. I'm considering a bump down to varsity with adjusted sliders....

any suggestions?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-dynasty.html
Old 07-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #13
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24

All I have to say is this game is too easy on heisman still with the cpu smarter A.I. I mean I play as my hawkeyes and I used the 4-3 and 3-4 defense playbook and I stop everything the cpu does. I mean it's a little hard in the first half but after that. I just shut the cpu done. Or sometimes I use the 4-2-5 playbook and just completely destroy the cpu. They need to make the a.i. a little bit more challenging for me. I have been playing ncaa football series since 97 so I am use to ea sports tricks with there cpu a.i.

nfl- cardinals
mlb- Tampa Bay Rays
ncaafb- Arizona State Sun Devils
nhl- Arizona Coyotes
MLL- Rochester Rattlers

NBA- Washington Wizards
Old 07-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
CPU cheats on AA too. I was about to beat #4 Washington the other day. I was up a field goal, and with 1 min left I thought I had the game in the bag. After the kick off, WAS returner was tackled on the 25 so I thought it was fine. Then after they completed a couple of short passes, they completed a hail mary for a TD with 30 secs left. I was in man coverage but for some reason the WR caught the ball that ricochet off my CB. I threw away my controller afterwards.

So basically you are saying anytime the computer comes back to beat you it is cheating? Similar situations like the one you gave happens every week in real life college football.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #15
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

After all that why didn't you just squib kick it??????? Or hell you could onside kick it and kill the clock that way. You got what you deserved in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
CPU cheats on AA too. I was about to beat #4 Washington the other day. I was up a field goal, and with 1 min left I thought I had the game in the bag. After the kick off, WAS returner was tackled on the 25 so I thought it was fine. Then after they completed a couple of short passes, they completed a hail mary for a TD with 30 secs left. I was in man coverage but for some reason the WR caught the ball that ricochet off my CB. I threw away my controller afterwards.
lol thats funny. The CPU always cheats thats why i never let up and run time down, i just beat them untill they cant win anymore lol
2010: #9 Iowa 3-0
Last: W 24-17 v #25 FSU (Human)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »