Home

College football players DO NOT HAVE HIGH AWARENESS!

This is a discussion on College football players DO NOT HAVE HIGH AWARENESS! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
College football players DO NOT HAVE HIGH AWARENESS!

I don't get what is up with a lot of you people creating this phantom complaint about the lack of awareness within this game.

First off after playing a few years into my second franchise, I will concede that there are possibly not enough powerhouse teams. I have seen an absence of teams with A/A+ rankings, and the highest are at A-. Mind you this inst that bad a thing, but its unrealistic for there to be no completely dominant powerhouses, and the game is not like that at start.

That said having a college team (especially a low end one) full of players with low ratings and low awareness is natural. College football is about play makers and athleticism. The technique, skill, and awareness aspect of it is significantly lacking compared to pro football. if you have a player on a team with 80 awr, he SHOULD be the highest on the team. Could there be something to bump up ratings or progression, yes. In season progression is gone which is probably the biggest problem, but the game play is not much different with the awareness the way it is.

When I play Bama i see the difference in talent and awareness and I should. But for you guys playing with SMU and Troy, and Tulane to complain about your recruits not progressing and your awareness being too low. Use a better team and get better recruits. How many 2-3 star recruits ever become true college stars? Very few.

The main thing that needs fixing in Dynasty is psychic computer play calling. A bump in progression would be nice, a few more diamonds in the rough would be cool but a serious jump in progression would be cosmetic, stupid, and unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: College football players DO NOT HAVE HIGH AWARENESS!

I completely disagree with you. You can have high awareness and great football IQ, without being an outstanding athlete or great football players. Some guys are always in the right spot making plays when they aren't the most gifted or athletic players out there. It also goes the other way. Just because you are a great athletic player, doesn't mean you have a high football IQ, or awareness. Look at any of the college qbs who don't make it in the pros. They have great football IQ and awareness, they read defenses well, and have to because their arms aren't the greatest. The problem is in the pros you have to have a combination of great skill and great football IQ. Trying to say that no one at a smaller school or a less talented team has high awareness is just ignorant.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

Awareness is relative. For the college game, guys should have high awareness. Guys read and react all the time. That's awareness.

It is simply stunning the amount of people that will run to the defense of EA when something like this is so obviously broken. Being a 6* prestige team with 50+ guys having an awareness rating of below 60 isn't realistic at all. It's unacceptable. When it starts to hurt gameplay and make creating a slider set usable for all games impossible, that means the game is broken and needs to be fixed.

Don't even get me started on position skills for certain positions being awful.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
Rookie

If the game contained both NCAA football and NFL football and all players were rated the same, this would be correct. The game is only about NCAA though. The ratings are within that element only so someone with high awareness has high awareness for college level football. It does not mean they would be able to walk on a pro field and destroy those players. It means they are good at college football. The low awareness just makes the decisions of the CPU unrealistic when the AWR is too low. It really has nothing to do with real life. It is strictly a game-play issue.

The concept that no one on 1-3 star teams has a brain after all the original players are gone is just ludicrous. No, they shouldnt be stacked but there should be players out there who can play well - even if it is only 2-3 on a team(just like the ratings for the basic starting rosters).

To me, the biggest problem which actually just contains this one is the low quality of the recruiting pool. It needs to be bumped up a bit and there should be some players that start or progress much better than they appear.

The way it happens in the game is fine for a generic football game but it is not the way it happens in real life. These issues move the game more to generic football and away from college football. Dynasty mode should try to be as close to real life as possible.

It should be about creating "what if" situations in our reality, not shifting the game after 1 season to an alternate reality where everyone forgets how to play football well.

Last edited by andicesharks; 07-27-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

so exactly what differences in game play are some of you seeing. and please note what team you are using.

And its not about me coming to EA's defense (classic) its the fact that we all know certain fixes in patches get priority depending on the community. I really dont want something that doesnt really affect gameplay becoming a priority when the second patch rolls out. I have yet to read anything from anyone about this issue that they actually can say relates to an on field issue.

Last edited by feeq14; 07-27-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 08:33 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
so exactly what differences in game play are some of you seeing. and please note what team you are using.
The biggest and easiest to see is in the kicking game. Get a few seasons in and people will be missing PATs left and right. It gets to the point to where you pray the other team makes theirs because if they dont, it feels like youre cheating in some way.

As far as gameplay down the line, it gets worse. If you are using a 5-6 star team, you may not see a big difference but if youre using a low or mid school, its big. If you can get 4 and 5 star guys easily, they wont be as good as the ones you used to have but they will still be "good enough". If you are clawing tooth and nail to get 3 star recruits which are coming in in the 50s ORV, you will have problems.

Starting a 1-2 star with bad players in the 60s is one thing but then a few seasons later when you have actually WON with that team, moved your school forward and recruited seemingly average/better than average players for them to only end up slightly WORSE after a couple of years training is just not realistic.

I started a user created team dynasty with a cupcake created school. We played the option. I had so-so seasons 1-2 with barely winning record but managed to up my rating and sign more than 10 3 stars - mostly O line since thats pretty big. A couple of season later, those 3 star that I got and have been riding the bench "learning and training" are worse than the guys I started with and the can not hold a block if their life depended on it. The line instantly collapses and I can not even get off a pitch or gain a yard with the FB.

The guys are just coming in too low rated and/or are not progressing enough for the game to maintain realism or a sense of accomplishment. With the team above, I will never be able to even get back to my first season level unless I become a powerhouse and recruits 4-5 star guys.

The way the game is set up, you are actually regressing even if everything else points to you progressing.

Last edited by andicesharks; 07-27-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicesharks
The biggest and easiest to see is in the kicking game. Get a few seasons in and people will be missing PATs left and right. It gets to the point to where you pray the other team makes theirs because if they dont, it feels like youre cheating in some way.

Couldn't you just raise the cpu slider kick power and accuracy?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
Couldn't you just raise the cpu slider kick power and accuracy?
They still miss kicks with that all the way up. Then you face a team with a good kicker and he nails 60 yarders. The good kickers are few and far between though.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »