Home

So I'll probably get fired, and I'm not mad...

This is a discussion on So I'll probably get fired, and I'm not mad... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #17
Rookie

croc500's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: So I'll probably get fired, and I'm not mad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
You really notice what WRs on your team have the hands in this game. Especially with some of the wide open drops by guys with hands in the 60s and 70s.

If you don't want to mess with sliders I would do this exactly. Move gamespeed to slow and put the threshold down to 25 or 35. Makes faster players feel fast and slow guys feel slow.
Thanks for the replies. I may try that. Do you think I need to go ahead and still adjust the cpu accuracy and rushing a little. I feel like the cpu cant rush for anything against me.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #18
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by croc500
Thanks for the replies. I may try that. Do you think I need to go ahead and still adjust the cpu accuracy and rushing a little. I feel like the cpu cant rush for anything against me.
Just adjust the CPU run blocking, not RB ability. If you increase the ability the guys will play almost superhuman. Also knock your tackling down to 45 if you feel they aren't moving the ball on you. Just adjust things you think might make your games feel more realistic by 5 at a time. Eventually you will find something that feels right for your game style and game play. Look up stats online if you need some guidelines of what numbers should look like after games, but you gotta figure with QBs the good ones will finish between 67-80 in completion percentage, bad ones in the 45-55 range, and then all the average players somewhere between 50-70 depending on the offense. Aim for those numbers for both you and the CPU, if every game you complete above 80 percent passing knock it down a notch. Same with the CPU, but only change things if you play three games and in each game it feels like it needs to be changed. One game adjustments can throw you off as sometimes a team will play really well or really bad one week.

feel free to send me a message on here with some of the game stats or game averages you are having and I will see if I have any suggestions for you.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

Last edited by thedudedominick; 07-27-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 2

I will likely tinker with the Sliders come bowl game because I think it's TOO close right now when taking into account I did a teambuilder, cupcake team - however, it may not be such a bad thing since recruits and progression are so whack, I'm only going to get worse so might as well take advantage now.

Cupcake TB Sun Belt Conference

vs. Kentucky (21-14 L)
@ Texas A&M (21-14 W)
@ Maryland (17-10 W)
@ #12 Pitt (34-28 L) -- Tied up 21-21 late, then went to triple overtime (both teams failed to score on first possession and I failed to score on third)

vs Western Kentucky (49-17 W)

So right now I'm 3-2 (1-0) and have two soft verbals AA Recruiting. Came up -1 short on a 4* CB with soft verbal to GT, and lost by like -300 on a hard commit MLB to UGA. Battling MTSU and FAU for a couple of recruits and look to sign about 10-14 (fairly certain I'll get at least a 2* recruit at each of my needs of OLB, C, MLB, and TE). So it all seems on par but also a little off if that makes any sense.

What really sucks at this moment is knowing the recruits will come in with 40 awareness, and never progress over low sixties - Making it seem like a waste of time to try and build anything out of nothing. Basically building nothing out of nothing.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #20
Rookie

croc500's Arena

Quote:
Just adjust the CPU run blocking, not RB ability. If you increase the ability the guys will play almost superhuman. Also knock your tackling down to 45 if you feel they aren't moving the ball on you. Just adjust things you think might make your games feel more realistic by 5 at a time. Eventually you will find something that feels right for your game style and game play. Look up stats online if you need some guidelines of what numbers should look like after games, but you gotta figure with QBs the good ones will finish between 67-80 in completion percentage, bad ones in the 45-55 range, and then all the average players somewhere between 50-70 depending on the offense. Aim for those numbers for both you and the CPU, if every game you complete above 80 percent passing knock it down a notch. Same with the CPU, but only change things if you play three games and in each game it feels like it needs to be changed. One game adjustments can throw you off as sometimes a team will play really well or really bad one week.
Hmm sounds like my passing stats might be on target. What do you think the rushing yards should be. For example, in my first two games the opposing team even though they were not great teams posted negative rushing yards. Texas has round 43 yards rushing against me. I averaged around 40 yards a game rushing. But I tend to pass more because I have a good QB and WR's with Texas Tech.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #21
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

Quote:
Hmm sounds like my passing stats might be on target. What do you think the rushing yards should be. For example, in my first two games the opposing team even though they were not great teams posted negative rushing yards. Texas has round 43 yards rushing against me. I averaged around 40 yards a game rushing. But I tend to pass more because I have a good QB and WR's with Texas Tech.
Well rushing yards is a deceptive stat. How many carries, also how many yards were lost on sacks. If you are winning in games teams will throw it more to catch up. How many yards per carry are the other teams leading backs at against you? Plus it is usually easy to stop the running game of bad teams as their lines aren't very good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #22
Rookie

croc500's Arena

Quote:
Well rushing yards is a deceptive stat. How many carries, also how many yards were lost on sacks. If you are winning in games teams will throw it more to catch up. How many yards per carry are the other teams leading backs at against you? Plus it is usually easy to stop the running game of bad teams as their lines aren't very good.
I dont remember all that, I will have to look tonight if I get to play. I did have sacks but the rb's still only had 30-40 yards, if that. I guess I need to look at what normal ypc and yardage is and compare to what im getting and adjust run blocking from there. I appreciate your help.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #23
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

Quote:
I dont remember all that, I will have to look tonight if I get to play. I did have sacks but the rb's still only had 30-40 yards, if that. I guess I need to look at what normal ypc and yardage is and compare to what im getting and adjust run blocking from there. I appreciate your help.
No problem. Also check the total number of plays run between the teams. If you adjust to get realistic stats, you need to adjust the time of your games to get the realistic number of plays. On default there are a lot more big plays and things that add to yards per carry and yards per completion. If you adjust these to realistic numbers you need to get to about 120 total plays a game. If your numbers are higher than real life averages then you want the game to run a few less plays per game to keep the yardage about right.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #24
Rookie

croc500's Arena

Quote:
No problem. Also check the total number of plays run between the teams. If you adjust to get realistic stats, you need to adjust the time of your games to get the realistic number of plays. On default there are a lot more big plays and things that add to yards per carry and yards per completion. If you adjust these to realistic numbers you need to get to about 120 total plays a game. If your numbers are higher than real life averages then you want the game to run a few less plays per game to keep the yardage about right.
Thanks I will keep that in mind. After I look at it closer, I might write some of it down and get back with you if thats okay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »