Home

NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

This is a discussion on NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #57
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Not to be argumentative here (...but I am...), but what exactly gameplay-wise needs to be rebooted in Dynasty mode? The way I see it, the mode has at least linearly improved year-over-year, and online dynasty in particular is the main reason I even buy NCAA Football at all.

On top of that, there's only so many ways that one can emulate building a college football program in video game form. While I acknowledge the merits of the historic program scenario proposal in your article, I'd posit that most people buying NCAA Football would rather play with their current-year teams.

That the act of recruiting is actually a significant gameplay challenge this year ought to be a welcome enough change gameplay-wise to warrant some praise, IMO.

Finally, while I do agree that there needs to be more emphasis on the head coach of each team in Dynasty mode, my ultimate point now is that what exists now is, IMO, more than fine, and there's no reason to just throw everything out and start over.
Perhaps an answer...

I can't even play offline dynasty anymore. I have played offline dynasty like crazy on this game forever. But recruiting is SO SLOW if you want to do it correctly and that's the only way I can do it. It gets to be so tedious. It doesn't help the fact that all the menus within recruiting are incredibly laggy and slow. The idea of the recruit phone call is great, but it just gets so repetitive.

Why change up dynasty? Because it has been the same mode for a while. Chris makes a great point. Who are you in dynasty mode? It should be a coach mode. I could go on about the coaching carousel aspect that has been beat like a dead horse, but that is what NEEDS to happen. Just like that article says. It would make dynasty mode an excellent, refreshed mode.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #58
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

Is everybody gonna have to quit their online dynasties now? I mean there's no point in continuing when we all know what will happen.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #59
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze56
Is everybody gonna have to quit their online dynasties now? I mean there's no point in continuing when we all know what will happen.
I would assume so. Which is why I'm not starting one til this gets all sorted out.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #60
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

1) What grown man with any type of personal life has the time to play 8-25 years in dynasty mode?

2) This problem needs to be fixed hands down.

3) EA would do themselves a great service and take a very close look at hiow 2k implimented dynasty mode into their game...from recruiting to recruit ratings.

4) I guess until this is patched the only thing a hardcore gamer can do do is to create a max number of create-a-recruits
Old 07-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #61
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I've said it in 3 different threads on the Dynasty topic:

Post patch, the recruits, recruiting and CPU logic was close to perfect in NCAA 10.

Why did they screw with it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #62
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

This is why I want someone with Madden to import NCAA draft classes from about 2016 so we can see if the players are bad. If Madden upscales the players it will be fine, I just don't want to see the 3rd round and later rookies to get the shaft because they aren't leaving college at a high enough OVR.

Plus to see if the speed issues were fixed.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #63
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Perhaps an answer...

I can't even play offline dynasty anymore. I have played offline dynasty like crazy on this game forever. But recruiting is SO SLOW if you want to do it correctly and that's the only way I can do it. It gets to be so tedious. It doesn't help the fact that all the menus within recruiting are incredibly laggy and slow. The idea of the recruit phone call is great, but it just gets so repetitive.

Why change up dynasty? Because it has been the same mode for a while. Chris makes a great point. Who are you in dynasty mode? It should be a coach mode. I could go on about the coaching carousel aspect that has been beat like a dead horse, but that is what NEEDS to happen. Just like that article says. It would make dynasty mode an excellent, refreshed mode.
+1, i wasted many a hours playing offline dynasty back when it was addictive as hell on the ps1 and ps2. however, in it's current incarnation, dynasty mode is boooring! it's a feeling of a disconnect that comes from a few factors: recruiting has been refined for the worse and needs to be streamlined, aspects that were on the ps2-differing recruiting budgets, a spring game, med redshirts, player discipline, in-season progression, etc. have not been added to the current gen mode, and the lack of a coach mode (not like ingame coach mode, carousel style) gives no reason to play an offline dynasty longer that a year or 2. add to it the abomination that is the progression/recruit ratings issue, and the former bread and butter of ncaa is no longer playable.

Last edited by BROman; 07-27-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
1) What grown man with any type of personal life has the time to play 8-25 years in dynasty mode?
Do you actually think people play every single game?
Man the things I wish I could say to you...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »