Home

Patch imminent..?

This is a discussion on Patch imminent..? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Patch imminent..?

so wait, let me get this straight.

the patch which was said to come out today by some random internet dude, not ea, didn't come out??

im in shock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #66
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57

when they get the issues fixed and what can be tuned i'm sure we will here, you guys have to remember what happened in madden 10 ian just made a blog discussing what he and his team was doing for the patch. then nothing for like two months and everyone was in an uproar. so i think they are taking the approach that we are going to be in an uproar anyway so why say something til you have the patch ready to be uploaded by sony and microsoft
people don't have any patience. a patch can't be made up out of no where and released on command. they have to find the issue, find out what is causing the issue. fix the issue(if possible). test the fix to see if it breaks something else. then after all that is done for every 'fix' that will be in the patch, it has to go to MS/Sony for certification(which could take 1-3 weeks itself). then it finally gets to us.

it's like this for any game, so it's not EA hating you.

them making a post saying that they are working on a patch will do nothing but cause more problems as people will complain about this issue, that issue, new thread titles like 'why the **** is the patch not out, EA promised us!!!1!', etc...

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #67
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
them making a post saying that they are working on a patch will do nothing but cause more problems
I have to disagree with that statement. There are going to be problems no matter which route they choose. Whether they keep it quiet or come and let us know it's not going to change all the questioning of what's going on.

It's their duty to provide consumers support for their games. It's sure as heck not on us. I feel that if they're working on a patch then they should be honest and let us know. If not, then so be it because either way people are going to vent their frustrations.

It's better knowing in my opinion than keeping gamers wondering what the heck is going to happen next. They don't have to give me any patch details. I just want to know one way or the other. You can't tell me that anyone that buys this game doesn't wonder about the patch.

I also know that it takes time for the patch to get through MS & Sony. However, my questioning has nothing to actually do with the patch process and is strictly pertained to whether a patch is going to be given to us. We get all these email and phone reports but where is EA Sports?

Why can't someone just speak up from EA Sports? What is wrong with a simple answer? They're going to be ridiculed anyhow. I don't accept excuses because we pay for these games and should receive support in return. This is my opinion about it.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 07-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #68
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
people don't have any patience. a patch can't be made up out of no where and released on command. they have to find the issue, find out what is causing the issue. fix the issue(if possible). test the fix to see if it breaks something else. then after all that is done for every 'fix' that will be in the patch, it has to go to MS/Sony for certification(which could take 1-3 weeks itself). then it finally gets to us.

it's like this for any game, so it's not EA hating you.

them making a post saying that they are working on a patch will do nothing but cause more problems as people will complain about this issue, that issue, new thread titles like 'why the **** is the patch not out, EA promised us!!!1!', etc...
In this instance EA is both misguided and disrespectful in their approach. Yes, a patch for something like this could take a month...if not longer. I do believe, however, that EA should take it upon themselves to address the issue publicly asap, and let consumers know that they will do their best to fulfill the other end of my $65 investment.

Its damage control time for EA, and anyone in the consulting business would tell you its both wrong and ill-advised for EA to remain mum on this issue. I don't care if I'm a Dev on vacation, even a tweet or single post about how we know the issue exists and we will do our best to solve it would be sufficient for most people on this board (or should be). I anticipate such an announcement coming this week, but who knows. Ultimately, its a lack of patience for EA's approach, rather than a lack of patience actual patch itslef. I find this sentiment completely justified.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #69
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabredj
I was wondering the same thing! Has EA "officially" acknowledged the problem and a possible solution?

I certainly don't count that Customer Service guy's account although I hope it's true.
Nothing official has been released from EA about a patch.

The customer service guys are just doing there job. I do think a patch is coming, but not because a customer service person says so. They most likely have no idea what were talking about and are just giving us the answers we want to hear such as "it will be resolved by the end of the week."
Old 07-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #70
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

All I ask for is a simple statement from EA on their website that states that they acknowledge there are problems with the progression and recruitment and they are going to address them in a patch. I don't even care about a patch date being announced. As long as I received that, I can shelve my dynasty and return to NHL 10 for a while with the happy knowledge that soon enough a patch will fix all my dynasty woes.

Am I asking for too much?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #71
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

This is kinda expected though, right? I'm not dogging EA i'm just asking why are ppl up in arms for EA to do the same thing they've been doing.

this happens every year with the game right? some unforeseen issue pops up once the game is released and it takes them awhile to get it fixed and the patch released. i'm not saying EA's right or that the angry fans are right, but i'm just saying that EA is acting in a manner consistent with every year since 2006 (2007 football games) or so. At this point it's your bad if you buy the game and get mad if it ain't fixed within the first month.

it's like sending your five year old son to spend the night at michael jackson's house (before he died). i'm not saying he's a pervert but if something happens it's your badddd...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #72
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

WinstonWolf... outstanding name.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »