Home

Any Tips On Being More Successful At Running Playaction Passes?

This is a discussion on Any Tips On Being More Successful At Running Playaction Passes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Any Tips On Being More Successful At Running Playaction Passes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
playaction does work on this game....if your talking about not getting immediately sack....and for that to happen you have to wait for the run play it is linked with to say setup...then the cpu will bite on the fake unless its an all out blitz. outside of that the cpu is going to ignore the fake handoff and go str8t for the qb.

now whether or not the cpu will be in a type of defense that will allow you to be successful is another thing all 2gether.

it is a good setup the way they have it cause you have to earn the PA...if i had a complaint, and i do, its that you have to run say a dive a certain amount of time and run the play it is linked to...

while i understand this on some level...in real life if you are getting the ball rammed down your throat...it doesnt matter so much if its a dive or a counter...at some point any running play can be used to set up the playaction...you shouldnt have to run the same run play over and over and only get to use the playaction that is linked off of that play only...
I was just thinking about this. THats a good idea. The only problem is I use "Ask Coach" so I dont know if I can ever get to the point where one of my PAs will be setup
Old 07-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
Be willing to hand off the ball if the D is going to get you before you can pass the ball. Better to hand the ball off for 2 yards, than get sacked for a loss of 5 right? Chances are you wont be running PA when you need a 1st on that play. Take what the D gives you!
You can hand off in a playaction pass.. or only in the option?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
You can hand off in a playaction pass.. or only in the option?
I believe you can choose to handoff on spread option playaction passes. Don't know about normal playaction passes, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »