Home

Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

Am I the only one not bothered by this? It's dumb, sure, but not a game killer. Just played the demo and I can easily see this feature as something that takes getting used to then in 10 games you won't even care anymore. I guess it depends on the gamer but personally I only use press coverage and show blitz...I figured out which buttons to push for each by the end of the half and had it down pat. No big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #26
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray
It is pure speculation that the reason EA implemented the strategy pad is to combat online cheesers. I don't think this was their intention.

The D-pad was going to waste, and now this frees up the A, Y, LB, and RB buttons for other things. Who knows, maybe in the future they will allow us to assign user-defined pre-snap adjustment macros to these buttons. One press of a button could make 5 different adjustments simultaneously.
How does it effect cheesers?

Also, it seems silly to make this change if there's no reason for it. If they aren't doing something better with those buttons, I don't see why make the change. Also, if they are adding something to the old buttons, why not just add those features to the c-pad. Sounds like it's change just for change, just for something for the back of the box.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 7

If u think the avg gamer want buy this game because of the str pad well I dont know what to say......whos been buying this game since 06,,,,the avg gamer...and you think this will stop them sounds to me like its the vison cone all over again
Old 07-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #28
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP
What's the reason for the change? Is there something new mapped to the regular buttons?
The goal of the Strategy Pad was to unify all the preplay controls into one consistent set of controls, rather than having buttons all over the place do different things. Granted, we're all used to those buttons being all over the place, but to a new gamer the previous system could be understandably intimidating.

I'd like to see some sort of compromise worked out between the two systems, because I do see what EA is trying to accomplish. However, it's not quick enough in letting the player do simple things like line shifts and defensive line assignments (particularly since we can't already call a particular defensive front from the playcall screen). In particular, I'd keep the left/right bumpers (L1/R1 on PS3) as defensive line and linebacker shifts. The DPad could then be used for all defensive hot routes and all coverage audibles, including ones that don't currently exist (namely changing the look of an entire coverage; shifting the DBs to present a cover 2 look or a cover 3 look, like what existed in All Pro Football 2K8 to disguise coverages).
Old 07-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #29
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray
Who knows, maybe in the future they will allow us to assign user-defined pre-snap adjustment macros to these buttons. One press of a button could make 5 different adjustments simultaneously.
This is a great idea. I just want to get that out there.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #30
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

I don't really see what all the problem is with the strategy pad. Once you get use to it you can still get off any adjustments quickly. This will help with the cheese online for those who don't get use to it and it makes it easier for new madden people. I personally don't care if NCAA tried it or didn't. I don't really see the negatives. At first I was like wtf is this. Then I got use to it an can quickly get off an adjustments that I need.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

You probably aren't someone who did very many pre-snap adjustments if you don't see what the big issue is kng23rich.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #32
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Trust me I did. Once you start remembering where each assignment is mapped to you can easily get off a bunch of adjustments. Its mapped a certain way and it doesn't change. If I had the capability I would post a youtube video showing me getting off plenty of pre snap adjustments especially on defense, but honestly I don't care enough to do that. People just need to memorize where each adjustment is mapped to an once you get use to it its no big deal really. That's just how I look at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »