Home

Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

Are you on the PS3 kng23rich? I'm on the 360 and the dpad isn't the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #42
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTg
People just can't deal with change, which is funny because the same people cry for a true physics engine every year (not that I disagree, I love Backbreaker's animation).
One is a stupid change to just change buttons, call it something new, and tout it as some amazing new feature. The other really would be something to tout as a new feature.

One serves a purpose, one doesn't. See the difference? I don't think anyone here would be against a change that actually made the game better. Grouping buttons together does not make the game better.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Yes, and just to expand upon what NaptownMVP said...we all want change but change just for the sake of change is no good, it should be change that makes sense. Taking something that works and making it worse is not change that makes sense. Taking something that doesn't work and making it better does make sense.

Imagine if your house was on fire. You scream at everyone "Do something!!!!". Your neighbor runs to his garage, gets a full gas can, runs back and throws it on the fire. Boom! You say to him "Why in the world did you do that?" and he replies "You said to do something, so I did.."

Hopefully that illustrates why we are resistant to this sort of change.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #44
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Yes I'm on the ps3. That probably makes a difference. I'm not sure since I don't play xbox too much.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Maybe I should try the PS3 demo and see how that works. The problem is my main friend I play online with all the time will be buying it on the 360 I know (due to Xbox Live).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #46
gTg
Rookie

gTg's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm not going to argue semantics on what should be considered "change for the sake of change", but you can't argue that the developers don't have a bigger, better picture of the grand scheme, and that they made a change that they felt was necessary.

The resistance to this change really amounts to personal griping. In the end, EA won't hear it because it isn't nearly significant enough to hurt their wallets.

If some sort of responsiveness problem exists, that could be an real issue, but I haven't seen it, and it sounds more like a hardware issue anyways.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 9

I can live with the strategy pad... it's not that big of a difference and it makes more sense rather than having three different buttons.

For what it's worth, it does not make any sense to have ... D-Line controlled with L1, OLB's controlled with R1, Safeties controlled with Y ... A is the personal hot route? I know that's what we're used to, but it doesn't make any sense, there is nothing consistent in it. We've all learned it, but imagine trying to explain that to somebody new to the series. "Oh, you can shift your line with LB. No, not your LB's though. No, not your safeties. You can move your safeties with Y. No, Y only controls your safties... Use RB to move your LB's." Or, "all preplay adjustments are made with the d-pad." I know we're all used to it, but think about it. This isn't change for the sake of change, it opens up a bunch of more buttons that weren't previously available, because the Dpad served no purpose pre-snap w/o hitting another button. Y, LB, and and RB are now available pre-snap for something else.

It is like the shift of the speed burst/sprint button from A/X to the triggers. PEople were upset with it ... but it made more sense and you got used to it quickly enough. I suppose, I hope they leave the option there for classic controls, but I really don't care.

Last edited by Rebel10; 07-28-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

gtg - I'm not sure if you know me that well from these forums but I'm one of the longest EA supporters on here. This is bad enough I am seriously considering not buying the game. A fundamental failure on the control issue is most certainly a gamebreaker. Yes it depends upon the person and what they expect but a control scheme is something that can really ruin a game for people.

If you think this is just griping then I think you're mistaken. This is a very valid concern for a lot of us and for some of us a dealbreaker. I know I can put up with a lot of nonsense from EA's Madden games because I was always able to still have fun with the product and overlook the issues. But a lack of control/interface issue is one issue that I cannot overlook.

The only reason I've not canceled my order yet is I don't want to be jumping the gun and we still have some time. But really, if you think this is just some people who are overreacting I think you aren't seeing just how badly this can affect some of us. Control of the game is something that many people do not take lightly and I am one of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »