Home

Setting up your recruiting board

This is a discussion on Setting up your recruiting board within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Setting up your recruiting board

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesloth
Can you remove a player that has committed to you and keep them in your class? That is, does the limit of 35 players on your board have to include your committed players?
They must stay on your board.

In general, I'd say have 15-20 guys on your board at the beginning of the season, and try to keep around 15 uncommited guys at all times. Filling the board to 35 seems silly to me (I don't believe you get points just for them being on your board). If you are putting time into all those guys, you are going to kill yourself because you're spreading your resources too thin. Therefore, you should only be recruiting about 15 guys at any given time. And if you aren't recruiting them, don't have them on your board.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
Rookie

Tonka's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by France72086
They must stay on your board.

In general, I'd say have 15-20 guys on your board at the beginning of the season, and try to keep around 15 uncommited guys at all times. Filling the board to 35 seems silly to me (I don't believe you get points just for them being on your board). If you are putting time into all those guys, you are going to kill yourself because you're spreading your resources too thin. Therefore, you should only be recruiting about 15 guys at any given time. And if you aren't recruiting them, don't have them on your board.
Actually you do get points it seems from just having recruits on your board, but unless you are a 4-6 star school it seems meaningless. I actually pick out 10 guys that are interested in my school and that are playing positions I need. Then I give them all a full hour and as soon as someone commits I look for another recruit so I always have ten uncommited recruits on my board. If the recruit is in the top 8 fase and I'm not first on his list I give them a scholly offer...as long as they are in the top 10 fase I try to bump myself to first place before I offer a scholly to increase a chance of an instant commit.

Recruits that are not from pipeline states and that are 1-2 stars above your schools rep gets a scholly offer from the first call with some promises thrown in as well, when I try to work my way into that recruits top 10 before it's too late. I've been very successful sticking to this method of recruiting with smaller schools...I guess this works out well with bigger ones as well, but I haven't gotten that far in my new FIU dynasty yet .
Old 07-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I first reorder by caliber and then by needs. This way all you top caliber players for each position will be higher than the lower caliber players and they'll be ordered by needs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #12
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

When setting up for the preseason I search for prospects that have me as their top school, that way I throw scholarships at them and hope they commit right away (I'm a 2* school, though, so this might not be in your best interest if you are a larger school). Then I go back and add players that have me in their Top 3 and then Top 5.

As the weeks go by, though, I reorder based on star level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »