Home

CPU Onside Kicks?

This is a discussion on CPU Onside Kicks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10
CPU Onside Kicks?

Last night I was up 17-7. CPU attempted an onside kick and it went right to my guy and he didnt even attempt to catch it so it bounced off and went right to the CPU. He scored and attempted an onside kick and the exact same thing happened. Same guy same result.

I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else? I want to make sure I am not doing something wrong.

I did make a bunch of formation subs on my kickoff formations but I thought I only was doing it for kickoffs not kick returns. There is one formation called Kickoff - Normal and one called Kickoff - NCAA. I changed both and put all defensive guys in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #2

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: CPU Onside Kicks?

I think the CPU has attempted one onsides kick on me and I got it.

I too don't get the whole Kickoff-Normal and Kickoff-NCAA thing. Looks like another oversight/error from the wondeful folks at EA.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Hasn't happened to me ... I've been onside kicked against probably... 8 times in 24 games. Lost it once, but got it the other 7. It did sort of happen where it bounced off the guy... but onside kicks are tough to animate in a fair way.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
but onside kicks are tough to animate in a fair way.
I don't really care about the animation or the fact that I lost them. Sh*t happens and I am ok with it. I am not some die hard that wants to win every game and b*tch that the game has a glitch or is programmed wrong and it is EA's fault. I just want realism. You do lose onside kicks ask the Colts. The only thing I cared about is if I screwed something up that caused them so I could fix it. I would hate to lose because I did something ignorant. Which I do anyways when I throw interceptions.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

i had this happen last night v miami... two onside kicks in a row they got.... thank go i had a lead and got the third!
2010: #9 Iowa 3-0
Last: W 24-17 v #25 FSU (Human)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

id say ive been through a dozen or more. i know i missed 2. one, i was ready but they made a good kick. the other, i forgot to set up my hands team and my guy muffed it. the rest ive gotten pretty easily. seems perfectly fine.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicesharks
the other, i forgot to set up my hands team.
Now that I think about it I vaguely remember a formation for onside kicks when I was doing formation subs. But I thought it was only for when I do the kick. I am not sure there is one for recovering the kick. I think they just use your kick return team and just line them up different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »