Home

Lateral Success?

This is a discussion on Lateral Success? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

OVR: 4
Lateral Success?

Is there an attribute that effects how successful laterals are? (on option plays for example) In my first year of my dynasty I ran an option offense most of the year and had maybe 5 laterals that completely missed the RB the entire time. Now in my second year, after both my QB and RB graduated, my new starters are completely missing with the pitch 4-5 times a game, and I find myself praying the ball goes out of bounds. Is there an attribute I can look for that effects how often this happens (like how carrying effects fumbles)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Lateral Success?

probably awareness lol
Old 07-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

Well, if that's it, which it probably is, I guess it's time to go back to The Show and wait for a patch,
Old 07-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

It has more to do with where you are and where your running back is. If he's too far forward, it will go behind him. Happens to me all the time, first year in dynasty. I don't find anything wrong with it, either.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

I know that, but it's happening incredibly more often now, to the extent that I'm considering abandoning the option completely. My new QB also has 51 awarrness, so that theory makes some sense, though I'm sure he's worse than my previous one in a variety of other things.

Also, and this is completely unrelated, it would help tremendously if the running back recovered the ball instead of standing there like he has nothing to do and having a defender get ahead of him by the time I can control him and get to the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I definitely think it's awareness based. I have two dynasties, one with Kansas and the other with Western Kentucky.

With KU I run the option multiple times a game and don't remember a time that I missed the pitch.

With Western Kentucky I've attempted the option a few times, I think the pitch has been successful maybe 30% of the time, and that's generous.

I think it is primarily dependent upon the running back's awareness as I've noticed Opurum (KU's RB) will make adjustments to get the pitch if needed.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #7
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSaStAx94
I know that, but it's happening incredibly more often now, to the extent that I'm considering abandoning the option completely. My new QB also has 51 awarrness, so that theory makes some sense, though I'm sure he's worse than my previous one in a variety of other things.

Also, and this is completely unrelated, it would help tremendously if the running back recovered the ball instead of standing there like he has nothing to do and having a defender get ahead of him by the time I can control him and get to the ball.
Now that may have something to do with the HB's AWR. As for the QB, AWR only plays a part in what the computer does, so no effect there.

The most frustrating thing for me has been how the ball magically stops like half-a-whisker from the sideline, no matter where you lateral it, or where the running back is.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

The halfback has 88 awareness, and I've seen him do some of the different animations to adjust to pitches that aren't right to him, but it seems the QB has no awareness of where the HB is and is pitching it wherever he hopes the HB is. I've seen the RB magically stopping discussed on threads here before, but if you haven't seen it I'll try to take a highlight of it from the game I'm playing right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »