Home

What difficulty do you think plays the most realistically?

This is a discussion on What difficulty do you think plays the most realistically? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 06:27 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: What difficulty do you think plays the most realistically?

Heisman is the most CPU cheating. If you like a game where you have to beat the programming of the game, then, Heisman is for you.

All-American is the level the game is tuned for, unfortunately, it is way too easy to beat the CPU. More for 1v1 type play, really.

Lower than that, you should really just be calling plays and letting the CPU run them, since, the CPU is much too easy to beat for a human player that has any kind of skill at all.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

AA is most realistic without being a cakewalk or the CPU warping the laws of time and space to its advantage. With the right sliders it can be pretty hard, too. I'm not one of the best NCAA players but I definitely know what I'm doing, and there are a lot of games where I just can't seem to get it going.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #11
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Playmaker's Varsity sliders make the game play very realistically. I made a few adjustments because I'm not good against the pass, but it still plays great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
AA is most realistic without being a cakewalk or the CPU warping the laws of time and space to its advantage. With the right sliders it can be pretty hard, too. I'm not one of the best NCAA players but I definitely know what I'm doing, and there are a lot of games where I just can't seem to get it going.
Ditto. I usually always play on Heisman but this year AA is plenty tough. Maybe once my team is loaded with 5-stars it'll get easier and I'll go up to Heisman, but for now nearly every game is competitive.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 19

I am playing AA with default sliders. The games have been close. A couple have been won with FG as time expires. I am happy with that. Maybe the best way to test the difficult is play with the same teams twice in a row. Take an underdog against a powerhouse. Play that out. Then switch, taking the powerhouse against the underdog. Compare your stats to the CPU stats. I look at QB completion %, first downs, time of possession, rushing yards. CPU time of possession has really improved in NCAA 11. Robo QB seems to be less likely, too.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

heisman with some good sliders...i don't slide anything in my favor offensivly except pass blocking (for some reason on all levels, they just let the guys right through) and me upping mine to 70 gives me a realistic 3-4 seconds to survey the field 6 times out of 10. and for the cpu i down the qb accuracy and wr catching down to 35 and the line protection down to 25. so its plays out even and lots of the games are close and contested and not a pushover for any team.

i used to think i had something to prove by letting the sliders do the same but i guess EA thinks "difficult" means "handicapping the user". and i can beat heisman with the sliders staying the same, have done it numerous times, but it wasent fun, its was more frustrating than anything
Old 07-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

I am enjoying All American level. My buddies enjoy Heisman. We don't fool around with sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I've been enjoying all american. I'm not against messing with sliders, but I'm not gonna mess until I get any better.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »