Home

To those who have traded in their Xbox due to NCAA 2004 DDE's

This is a discussion on To those who have traded in their Xbox due to NCAA 2004 DDE's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2003, 07:34 PM   #1
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19
To those who have traded in their Xbox due to NCAA 2004 DDE\'s

Do stores like EB or Babbages question you trading in an old xbox for a new one? I started getting DDE's with NCAA 2004 so I'm considering trading in my xbox for a new one, thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2003, 07:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: To those who have traded in their Xbox due to NCAA 2004 DDE\'s

Do they really just let you trade in your Xbox? How much money to you have to pay and all or is it straight up? I can't imagine them giving you a brand new Xbox for an old one with problems.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:59 PM   #3
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

GeePee20 said:
Do they really just let you trade in your Xbox? How much money to you have to pay and all or is it straight up? I can't imagine them giving you a brand new Xbox for an old one with problems.

EB is giving $100 for trading in a used xbox, so you'd pay $80 for a brand new xbox. I know a few people on this board said they did it, that's why I'm asking.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:38 PM   #4
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

when I worked at EB we used to have people trade in PS2's for new ones freqently... - if - they quesiton it, just tell them your wanting to a get a newer model Xbox. Most of the EBs will probably test really quckly to see if a game reads... and when it does, there's nothing they can do except give you the new xbox. =)

Honestly, it won't be a problem. If it is, I'll just call them pretending to be a Regional Manager and tell them they messed with my nephew and "what gives" and "your gona be fired."

-Zeke
Old 07-24-2003, 11:55 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Wow, they'll give you a new box without you having to have their 2 year service agreement?

The employees at my local EB and Babbages are MUCH TOUGHER than you guys. I HAD to get that 2-Year deal....and in my opinion.....it's WELL worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2003, 07:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

You got hosed, man. You NEVER, EVER have to buy a warranty from EB. If your old system works and you have everything with it (controller, AV cable, AC cable, system), then they have to give you the full trade-in value, which you can use towards anything in the store that you want, including a new system. The one and two year warranties that you can purchase with the new system are entirely optional. They just told you that you HAD to buy a two year ESA because they get about $5 from it, and it is an important measuring stick that managers and district managers use to evaluate personnel and stores. While it is nice to have a two year warranty (you can replace your system or controller at any time), you are in no way obligated to buy it, and if you don't want it, you need to return your warranty to the store for a refund, and complain to the manager and/or district manager that they told you that you HAD to buy it. You'll probably even get something free from them in compensation.

How do I know this? I've worked at EB off and on since 1997.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:52 AM   #7
Banned

The EB guy questioned me about it and said something like... "we're really not supposed to do this... but..."

Traded in for $100. Great decision on my part because I haven't had ANY pauses or DDE messages since!
Old 07-25-2003, 09:13 AM   #8
Rookie

I got DDE's, too. Bought mine at Costco. They exchanged it for a new one no questions asked. I've not had a problem since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »