Home

Can Penalties Be Addressed Via LTP?

This is a discussion on Can Penalties Be Addressed Via LTP? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Can Penalties Be Addressed Via LTP?

If someone knows if this can be tuned via LTP I would love to know. If so I would like to see penalties other than holding, face mask, and clipping, be increased a lot! I have all penalties maxed to 100, other than the 3 i listed which is at 55, and I have seen zero pass interference, roughing the passer, etc. called and only a few offside and false start penalties called. My main concern is pass interference and roughing the passer, corners bump the crap out of my wide outs and nothing is called, I can hit the cpu quarterback 3 seconds after he throws and no call. Something needs to be done and if LTP can do this that would be great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
All Star

JayD's Arena

Re: Can Penalties Be Addressed Via LTP?

wish someone could answer this
Old 07-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't think anyone outside of EA knows for sure, but if I was going to guess I'd say that it could be done with tuners.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Pro

They can't just magically create penalties. Pass interference is in the game, i promise, and I've seen it. The real issue, and read this carefully, is player interactions. When passing the ball, a specific animation/interaction between the defender and receiver, or receiver and defender (for O-pass int) must be initiated in order for a interference call to be made. Problem is, with the way the game plays or flows, those interactions are extremely rare, and/or, they have been programed badly so when you see something that should be pass interference, it isn't called. I'm not sure if this is something they can address via a tuner update or a client update but they have to reword the code that determines what interactions justify pass interference.

This is, of course, my opinion and I could be totally off base. But I would like to see how exactly "officially" interference is programed.
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Old 07-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjew887
They can't just magically create penalties. Pass interference is in the game, i promise, and I've seen it. The real issue, and read this carefully, is player interactions. When passing the ball, a specific animation/interaction between the defender and receiver, or receiver and defender (for O-pass int) must be initiated in order for a interference call to be made. Problem is, with the way the game plays or flows, those interactions are extremely rare, and/or, they have been programed badly so when you see something that should be pass interference, it isn't called. I'm not sure if this is something they can address via a tuner update or a client update but they have to reword the code that determines what interactions justify pass interference.

This is, of course, my opinion and I could be totally off base. But I would like to see how exactly "officially" interference is programed.
Something along these lines is probably pretty spot on as far as the problem with pass interference.

What I see mostly isn't something that necessarily should be Pass Interference so much as maybe Defensive Holding. Regardless...it's basically a defensive player not moving toward the ball while the offensive player is moving that direction and is slowed down by the defender getting in the way.

The WR either needs to be programmed to run around the defender, or a penalty needs to be called on the defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »