Home

CPU Depth Chart Order Issues

This is a discussion on CPU Depth Chart Order Issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
CPU Depth Chart Order Issues

With the news of the the patch, and the tuning sets, i decided to create this thread so that this issue doesn't get over looked. The Auto-Order depth chart logic is terrible and needs fixed. On the human side, it's a minor annoyance resetting your depth chart every year, but for the CPU this can be disastrous.

I first posted this in the Broken dynasty thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I first noticed this problem in year 2 of my dynasty, I was smu vs tulane (i think) any way it was a high tempo no huddle team. It was late in the third quarter, they were on a long drive, they got to around 30 yard line. I could my see guys getting tired, they were all yellow orange, or red. Then on the next play, i called my play and i noticed something weird, i player locked as SS and i noticed my SS that was subbed in was #2, which was odd, so i thought for a second, and realized it was my friggen starting quarterback! I also noticed the 2 or 3 of my wide receivers were at CB! After hit-sticking some fool with my QB at safety lol, i promptly called a timeout to see wth was going on. The problem was that my back up safeties were playing at #3 and #4 corner. This meant my depth chart had no-one to reach for once my Starting SS was tired, and instead of picking the next best player in line, it for some reason grabbed a QB, and WR to play DB's.

This kind of thing could very well be happening to the AI, and might we not even notice.
Also an example from Romeclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeclone
One other thing that bothered me to no end, and I can't figure out why this was happening is the CPU was subbing in RB's and D linemen on the offensive line. I checked the depth chart and they had linemen as backups to come in but for some reason they did not make it in. It had these RB's comming in all the time to play o-line. For me that was it... I quit playing Madden last year for a similar reason. I think in Madden they had kickers playing on the o line and I just quit playing. Here is a screen of the Arizona St. line at one point in the game. Again, these players were not listed on the depth chart as OL. There were genuine Linemen that were there as backups. These guys would just show up out of nowhere.

and from beauforsure

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforsure
OK OK... MAJOR ISSUE ... I HAVE A QB placed on my depth chart as the 4th option at HB !!! then...at FB i have backing my starter is a TE who is a backup TE and a RT ?? lol...Then at WR , guess whos my 4th WR ? lol...that same dam QB who was 4th at HB !!! TE i have both TE's but a MLB playing 3rd on depth...lol...

WOW...This one takes the cake...I have a ROLB play as my 3rd CB !!! lol...

I just want to get this out there so it doesn't get over looked, it should be a simple fix, just make it so that the Depth Chart only puts players in their proper postion and it will work out just fine, otherwise this is a rather big problem.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

Last edited by dan_457; 07-29-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: CPU Depth Chart Order Issues

It is a problem and when people are fixing rosters and not charts, It's a problem. Don't you think if the progression is fixed and guys come in higher. It will be fixed? Does EA know? How did people overlook this.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
Banned

What roster set do you use? The people checking and doing edits and not depth charting teams will have this happen..
Old 07-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Depth chart ordering has been a problem for both ncaa and madden for a few years now. The game just takes the best rated player and puts them at any position if that player has a higher rating even if it is not his usual position. You can have a LT at the number 2 of every offensive line position since he has a higher rating than the should be number 2 guy for that particular position. It's mainly a problem with the defense and wide receivers. If they could just keep players within their usual position then everything would be fine.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I sent an email to the feedback email address that Roy Harvey had at the end of his blog, mentioning this issue. Hopefully though they are already well aware of this problem. I am concerned about this getting fixed though, because this has been a long standing problem with EA football games.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

Last edited by jfsolo; 07-29-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
Banned

CB, S AND FB can be a problem too.. EA has always had this problem, but it's bad with NCAA 2011 with the edits going on
Old 07-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't remember if it did it last year and before, but it was no where near this bad, i'm playing notre dame right now, and they have one of their QB's and a SS at WR. It's because fatigue was turned up this year that it really became so obvious.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Just checked a couple of teams. There are only 66 players listed...and that is before the freshman are redshirted. If you RS freshman and the CPU does, you get below the min requirement and it just plugs in the best overall player available. Maybe a fix would be to add more players. I have been using Buckeye's roster set. I guess I will have to redo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »