Home

I Love NCAA11

This is a discussion on I Love NCAA11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2010, 06:11 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: I Love NCAA11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayishere
I know that isn't the popular stance at this point, but this game is light years ahead of any other NCAA product that EA has put out to the public on the next-gen consoles. I find myself doing stuff in this game I used to simulate, and I just can't get enough, let me explain.

Gameplay
This alone is enough to make me continue to pick up NCAA for months. The run game works as it should, it's tough as nails against the top defenses (I ran for 33 yards on 17 carries against UNC with ECU), and you can run all day on the weak defenses (I ran for 197 yards on 24 carries, with a 61 yard TD as ECU against Tulane). The passing game isn't as easy as in years past, but is still to the point that if you run the right plays, read the right coverage, you can shred a defense.

The big change here, for me at least, is on defense. I actually want to play it! The past two seasons I would just super-sim defense because the offense would do the same exact things over and over. That's not the case anymore! I've played four games with ECU (2-2), I've faced three different offenses (No Huddle, One Back, Pro) but all four teams played differently. This makes defense a joy to play, not a tedious endeavor.

Recruiting
Recruiting is amazing. I love it. I used to just assign the minutes and let the CPU do the talking, not anymore. Recruiting against other teams, the point system, I love it all. The only thing that would be nice is computer teams recruiting a bit smarter, but I honestly don't care. It's the best recruitment I've seen in game, period.

Presentation
This area has some downs from previous years, but in general improves on everything. The custom intros, the ESPN overlays...I love them. I wish uniforms showed wear and tear (I bet money it's going to be in the patch) and the loss of player of the game (not a big deal) are a shame, but in general it's much improved.

Progression
The speed of progression is fine. I said it. The thing that is awful is the weird attribute levels for key stats like awareness just to name one. But this will be fixed. If awareness is brought to a higher level, recruits will come in 1-4 overall higher, which is still great. I don't want to see 50 95-99 rated players. I'll take top teams have 1-2 90's on their roster any day.

You can bash me if you wish, but I truely believe NCAA11 is by far the best NCAA game I have ever laid my hands on, and I've been playing since the PS1 days.
Why? I love this game, too. There are some issues with dynasty mode, but overall this is the best NCAA game we've seen on this console. I don't really think you're in the minority bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #26
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Loving this game as well.

First NCAA football system I bought on PS3, and couldnt be happier with the purchase.

Guess I am glad I waited.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:15 PM   #27
Rookie

jayishere's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm glad to see I'm far from alone on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »