Home

What makes this game great?

This is a discussion on What makes this game great? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
What makes this game great?

Forget all of the threads that has pointed out the negative. What about the positive? Lets help EA by telling them what has made this game great this year, because by most accounts, it truly is the best next generation NCAA football title, if not the best next generation football title period.

I will open with the following, imo:

1. Adding the ability to write stories on the PC is awesome for online dynasty. To me its a great feature that I really enjoy because I can relive those great moments in online dynasty, capturing all of the heart break of a loss or elation of a great win.

2. Letting us do our recruiting in Online Dynasty and see our stats, and our rosters is a great way to let people access the game even when they have no access their console. It helps us when we need a fix of NCAA, and keeps you immersed.

3. The Game play is really, really good. There are a few things here and there that are annoying, but for the most part the game play is outstanding. Its hard enough to make you work for a win on AA against rivals and good teams; and you feel an accomplishment when doing so. Its not too easy, either. The AI is not easily beaten if you do not run plays that you know can exploit one of the few flaws.

I am sure there are more reasons that we like this game. I know guys who get up an hour earlier to sneak in a game before they go to work because they love this game so much. Lets tell EA why this game is so much better than year's past, so they can understand what to focus on in the coming iterations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What makes this game great?

This game is like seeing a good looking girl across the room. She looks great but when you walk over to talk to her you realize that she is just looks. This game looks great but for a dynasty only player like myself that is as far as it goes.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I think the biggest thing that this game has going for it is its unpredictability. Every game I've played has played out differently from the last, and things have a way of just sort of happening in this game (even simple things like quarterbacks missing open receivers every once in a while).

Keeps the experience fresh.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

The biggest thing i have noticed with this years game is the new animations, specifically the receiver animations which have allowed WR to combat the seemingly psychic DB's. Finally my WR will slow down as he approaches the sideline or will make an actual attempt at catching those lob passes when defended 1 on 1. This year i feel like with an elite WR and a good QB I can exploit man coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »