Home

When you 'make' recruits -

This is a discussion on When you 'make' recruits - within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4
When you 'make' recruits -

So let's say you want to make recruits who you have committed irl for your school, and you want to try and land them in the game. Do you make them from your home state so it's easier? What tricks do you use in this case?

I made some guys for Nebraska, as we have a pretty legit OL and QB class coming in, but it looks like I probably won't be getting many of them, if any. Just curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: When you 'make' recruits -

I haven't really tried this, but I would assume you'd want to make them from one of your pipeline states, and make sure they are about the level of prestige of your usual recruits or lower (if higher they are going to be less likely to be interested, and harder to recruit). Apart from that I suspect it's basically random which schools end up in their top five or top ten. Unfortunately, while the above things will help you land a guy if you really go after him, I don't know if they really help to get your school in his high interest zone. That seems to be far and away the easiest type of recruit to get. I've pretty much stopped going after guys who don't already have my school in their top ten.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
Rookie

If you really want to be cheap, you can make a guy you want to be QB, create him as an awful receiver, with bad catching, jumping etc. But make it so he can throw.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem
If you really want to be cheap, you can make a guy you want to be QB, create him as an awful receiver, with bad catching, jumping etc. But make it so he can throw.
Yeah and then just change his position after you get him. That's dirty, but it works. I guess if you're trying to simulate a real life recruit, it's acceptable cheese.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Glad to see I'm not the only one who does this! I usually just make everything true to their real life counterpart if they're a top recruit, but once I get out of the top 100 I will usually take the recruits that are in-state and make them.

I made one recruit for an Oregon dynasty, Commander Shepard, a beastly QB, made him from Eugene, Oregon...I was 10th on his list at the start of the season, and the bastards at USC got him in like week 8. :< I yelled at him that I created him, and could take him out of this world at any time if I so desired, but he ignored me...just stared off into space to his right. Probably checking out all the girls on the USC campus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem
I would never do that, never, never

(I'm so full of it, I may run for political office).
Old 07-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Glad to see I'm not the only one who does this! I usually just make everything true to their real life counterpart if they're a top recruit, but once I get out of the top 100 I will usually take the recruits that are in-state and make them.

I made one recruit for an Oregon dynasty, Commander Shepard, a beastly QB, made him from Eugene, Oregon...I was 10th on his list at the start of the season, and the bastards at USC got him in like week 8. :< I yelled at him that I created him, and could take him out of this world at any time if I so desired, but he ignored me...just stared off into space to his right. Probably checking out all the girls on the USC campus.
i tried doing this an got screwed some on it..I made two 5 stars which i knew when i finished i prob wouldnt land...(dumb) Anyhow scratch that so the other two i made i actully am 2 and 3 on thier list.. So i hope i at least land one... im Virgina so recruiting is difficult with VT in state...
Old 07-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope

Funny! Stinks you lost him in conference too! I'm in danger of losing two guys, whom I made from NE, to Ohio St. Back off Buckeyes! You've never come into Nebraska before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »