Home

Do you ever hope you lose?

This is a discussion on Do you ever hope you lose? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2010, 07:35 AM   #25
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Do you ever hope you lose?

if you start "hoping" to lose, the enjoyment of the game will be gone 100 percent. You will need to raise sliders to avoid this, or else could be pretty boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 07:50 AM   #26
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't hope to lose, but if I'm playing a team that should beat me I don't really get mad if they do beat me. I'd like to beat them, but if they beat me it's not the worst thing.

If I lose to a team that I should beat, however, knock before coming in the room because you may get hit in the head by the controller I've just thrown.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:43 AM   #27
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
My first year in my SMU dynasty I opened the season with 23-20 win over Texas Tech. Ok, that's semi-plausible. I then went on to win somewhat competitive games and was 3-0 when #5 TCU came to town. At this point in my program SMU has no business beating TCU or even making it close so I was kind of worried. TCU beat me 37-10 with a balanced and prolific offensive attack and totally dominated on defense. So my worries were unfounded. I finished my first season 8-5 with a 20-17 loss against Cincinatti in the Hawaii Bowl.

I'm playing at AA with every setting at default. It's a perfect and realistic setting for me.
Sounds like you have a good thing going. Nice work.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:57 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 9

I have no problems losing in my dynasty with Tulane. UCF dropped 70 on me in my last game...

I'm playing at Marshall now and somehow held them scoreless in the first half (led 6-0), but then they went off and took a 14-6 lead. I drove down the field and was in FG range and threw a pick, then got the ball back and had a 44 yd FG bounce off the upright, but clearly still through and good, but the game said I missed it. I desperately want to win this game but it's not looking good. I'm happy that with the right sliders this game can be extremely competitive.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #29
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
So I'm undefeated in my offline, but with several close games. Now Texas comes to Lincoln, and I know they have better overall talent than I do. In the past, I could almost win every game I wanted to, and would occasionally try to lose if I thought it was realistic.

But now, I think I have it set realistically with Heisman and the sliders. Part of me hopes UT outplays me so I know I can't beat the CPU anytime I want.
This is nice to hear from a Husker...the game in Lincoln is gonna be one of the best games to watch all year. You guys are really pissed and non-too-happy about the 1-8 record vs Texas in the Big 12. That and the 1 second on the clock game has your guys foaming at the mouth for this one. Reminds me of the 2008 Tech game, hopefully with a different outcome.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:18 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 19

Just when I thought the game might be easy, and I was winning too many games, it happened. I took Oregon State to Oregon and got smoked, 41-3. I reverted back to old form and threw 6 picks. Their halfback James ran all over me. Since I was trailing, I couldn't fully use Quizz. Not only does the home field advantage turn the pass routes squiggly, it puts question marks over some receivers' heads. Very tricky, Tiburon.

I don't hope to lose, but I do like to see a balance of blowouts, nail-biters, and plaid old good games.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:27 AM   #31
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I feel the same way. I'm Indiana in my dynasty and was just playing Michigan at home on default AA. They should of won the game but the cpu just can't complete drives on AA. Michigan got the ball inside the 10 yard line 5 times but couldn't get a touchdown they ended up kicking 5 fg's. I won 20-15. I shouldn't of won that game and was hoping they would score.

I think default AA is too easy. Right now I'm using default heisman and losing @ Ohio State 21-7 in the 2nd quarter lol.

I'm not a big fan of using sliders and tweaking them all the time, it tends to overwhelm me and takes the fun out of the games.

I also let the cpu pick my plays and use the no switch rule on defense.

I just hope the cpu doesn't "cheat" on heisman too much, because this is going to be the only difficulty that gives me a challenge and the cpu can actually get in the endzone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #32
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

I play on heisman, and I'm 51 - 2 after 3 years with Georgia in my offline dynasty. in my first year my first and only loss was to South Carolina, but 5 of my wins were in OT.

2nd year I went undefeated. The third year I lost game 5 or 6 at home to then unranked tennessee, I was #1. I went on to win the bcs game.

However, I have never been able to land the top recruiting class.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »