Home

Very simple solution to online quitting

This is a discussion on Very simple solution to online quitting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Very simple solution to online quitting

The current quitting system is obviously ridiculous and unfair to the players. But apparently EA doesnt want people just quitting to give their friends tons of free wins. Its actually pretty easy to get the best of both worlds though.

You could either

1. Make quitting give a win to the opposing player regardless of when its used, and cap the amount of times you can use it on the same person to 3 per week. Or whatever timeline EA wants. If they're over the limit of quits but they turn off their xbox, the player will not get a win.

or 2. Allow concede defeat from the start of the match, again with a cap.

Either way the winners get their wins, the quitters dont have to play, and both players save 20+ minutes.

I think this would the a great idea for EA to implement, and should be fairly easy and simple to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Very simple solution to online quitting

I have a better solution:

If someone quits too many times regardless of the situation, BAN them from being able to play that game online for a certain duration of time.

If they have a crappy connection then they shouldn't be online wasting everyone's time to begin with.

Last edited by Rules; 07-30-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

How about if you quit a game, you cannot begin another one for 30 minutes. If you quit multiple games in a row, you cannot begin another one until the next day.

Or base it off of DNF %. If you have a 5% or under DNF and you get disconnected, there is no time restriction. If you are around 15-20% and disconnect, you have to wait 30 minutes. If you are over 25% and disconnect, you have to wait an hour. If you are over 50% and quit, you are done for 24 hours. If you go over 75% with a minimum of 12 games played, you cannot play for a week.

That would be in addition to the things you suggested, with the other person getting an automatic win no matter what the time of game. Of course, concede defeat from the beginning would make my idea useless, but if that was installed, there would have to be some sort of stat for % of games conceded, just like there is a DNF % now.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Any of these ideas would be fair, but there'd be too much bitching about it and it would be taken out. Probably would see a rise in number of people that register JUST to complain about an issue >.>
Old 07-31-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I have a better solution:

If someone quits too many times regardless of the situation, BAN them from being able to play that game online for a certain duration of time.

If they have a crappy connection then they shouldn't be online wasting everyone's time to begin with.
This is my favorite idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 11:41 PM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisasticup
This is my favorite idea.
I like it too. Of course, you'd have to give the win to the non-quitter too.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Any of these ideas would be fair, but there'd be too much bitching about it and it would be taken out. Probably would see a rise in number of people that register JUST to complain about an issue >.>
I would love to see someone come here,or any forums for that matter, and make a thread complaining about being banned because they quit 3x in a day.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

It's not rocket science. If someone quits then give the other person the option to either continue the game against the CPU (no super sim) or end the game. Sure it's annoying to have to play out the game but at least you can get a win and will have not wasted your time.

What the heck is wrong with that idea EA???? cheaters won't want to take the time the play out games against the CPU and the rest of us don't get screwed out of wins! That's a compromise I can deal with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »