Home

Importance Rating?

This is a discussion on Importance Rating? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Importance Rating?

I'm setting my depth chart right now and at the far right of the ratings, I noticed there is an attribute titled "Importance Rating". I don't think I've ever seen that in a football game. Does anyone know what it is? It doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason.

EDIT: I guess the rating only shows when you are Redshirting Players, as that's where I saw it. It doesn't show on the depth chart.

Last edited by okstate123; 07-31-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Importance Rating?

I would love to find out the answer to this. It's interesting that the only play it ever shows up is in the redshirting screen. So I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the importance they mean to the team (i.e. you don't want to redshirt high importance level players). But I honestly have no idea, and even if that is what it means, I don't know what the effects are if you do redshirt an important player, maybe lower team morale? But I haven't seen anything like that implemented in the game yet so I don't know. Anybody that has any actual knowledge of this, it would be much appreciated.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Pro

nyqua's Arena

It's always been in the game. Not really sure what it "does", I thought it was just "Hey this QB is more important than this punter".
Old 07-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Artof_War's Arena

OVR: 2

Never noticed this. Does anyone know FOR SURE?
Old 07-31-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Well my punter with KU has a 98 importance rating. My starting QB has a 94. My captain, impact player, and starting middle linebacker has a 76 and my 3rd string SS has a 92, so I'm just kind of confused, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just taking a guess, but I think it might have something to do with how that particular player compares to others at his position.

For example, if a starting quarterback is significantly better than his backup (from a ratings perspective), then he will have a high Importance rating.

Also, it might be predicated on how much of a role they played the previous season from a statistical perspective.

Edit: this would make sense for jhawk886's post about his punter (98) and starting QB (94) having high ratings. As for his 3rd-string SS (92), my only guess would be that he's young and/or is a starting return man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »