Home

Pooch Kickoffs

This is a discussion on Pooch Kickoffs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3
Pooch Kickoffs

why does it seem like everyone i play with an excessively good record does these kick offs? EA needs to take the ability to do this out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Rookie

kingoftroy59's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Pooch Kickoffs

Why would they take it out? It's a perfectly legitimate playcall, and is used in real life football games to negate skilled returners.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftroy59
Why would they take it out? It's a perfectly legitimate playcall, and is used in real life football games to negate skilled returners.
Not Squib kicks. This is an exploit. Where it kicks a perfect little kick just over the first line of blockers and the defense recovers it almost 90% of the time.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
Rookie

kingoftroy59's Arena

OVR: 1

Ah, gotcha. But as for the pooch kick you're describing, we ran it when I played in high school and called it, "kick pass". Recovered it a good amount of the time too...so if high school kickers can perfect it in real life, I don't know what to tell you about it happening in NCAA. Maybe always start in Onside Kick Return to stop it? *shrug*
Old 07-31-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Rookie

bakerpa25's Arena

OVR: 6

You can get it right a few times but it takes along time to master.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
Rookie

VUFTBL1's Arena

OVR: 5

Has anybody tried calling for a fair catch after the ball is kicked? In Madden a few years ago you could pooch kick it near the sideline and take control of your outside man and catch it on the fly. The way to combat that was to call for a fair catch (even if the guy you were controlling wasnt anywhere near the ball - then it would be a penalty for kick catch interference if the kicking team caught the ball). I guess if the ball hits the ground though it becomes a moot point.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
Rookie

bakerpa25's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUFTBL1
Has anybody tried calling for a fair catch after the ball is kicked? In Madden a few years ago you could pooch kick it near the sideline and take control of your outside man and catch it on the fly. The way to combat that was to call for a fair catch (even if the guy you were controlling wasnt anywhere near the ball - then it would be a penalty for kick catch interference if the kicking team caught the ball). I guess if the ball hits the ground though it becomes a moot point.
When Ive been doing it in practice mode there is no time for fair catch bc the ball hits the ground if they do it right. The best way to defend it is in an onside formation bc you have a much better chance compared to regular return. In practice regular return I was getting 90 % onside I was getting 40%
Old 07-31-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerpa25
When Ive been doing it in practice mode there is no time for fair catch bc the ball hits the ground if they do it right. The best way to defend it is in an onside formation bc you have a much better chance compared to regular return. In practice regular return I was getting 90 % onside I was getting 40%
Yeah exactly, you cant even fair catch it. Its pretty ridiculous. Im 38-31 and id say 15 of my losses end up being to people who do that, and even then i lose by only a touchdown because its the difference in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »