Home

HOW, specifically, do you enjoy NCAA?

This is a discussion on HOW, specifically, do you enjoy NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 05:26 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: HOW, specifically, do you enjoy NCAA?

I try to keep my dynasty realistic. I love creating real-life recruits using the Rivals250. It keeps the game fresh... I try and play my dynasty slow as well. I am not one of those guys that will play a whole season in three days. I might play a couple of games per week at most.

I know that's not too specific, but basically, I guess I just try and slow things down and keep it as realistic as possible. That keeps me going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #42
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

I actually enjoy the game as much, if not more once the original rosters clear out. I love watching my players grow and move on. I Started my Dynasty in 2016 and I'm now in 2021 and now I'm seeing my 2nd recruiting class as seniors and as JR(RS). I happend to get very lucky and got the 1# OVR class as a 4* program, and it's awesome seeing them turn into studs or duds. My D-Line is the best by far in the country, as they're all 90+, each the in top 3 in country in their respective positions. What's awesome is i knew they we're going to become the best D-line as soon as i recruited them, and i got to watch them progress each season. I think that's something pretty awesome right there. Being responsible for you're teams growth and success, or failure, is something that you can't really experience as well with the default rosters.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #43

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

For me, a dynasty becomes the most fun once all the real players are gone and you have a team full of "your guys."

It is a lot easier to suspend your beliefs and use your imagination with this game once it is a team full of ficitional players.

This is what seperates this game from Madden to me. I played Madden last year and ended up not liking having so many real players on different teams. It made it feel TOO fake and feel like fantasy football.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

Last edited by Deegeezy; 08-02-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:12 AM   #44

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
I create recruits that I can "connect" with. I pick a couple guys that I really like and use them a lot. That always helps me out. It's a lot harder now that I'm a little older. I think the fact that I've played it for almost 10 years makes it a little more difficult, plus my imagination isn't where it used to be.
Yeah getting that first "fun" recruit is very key. This player is usually a QB or RB and becomes the face of your team and the one you "connect" with.

I find dynasties involving bad teams that you have to build up offers the most long-term fun. It makes all the special accomplishments (getting that first big-time recruit, cracking the polls for the first time, playing in your first bowl game, the first big upset, etc) that much more fun.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

Last edited by Deegeezy; 08-02-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:24 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I feel exactly the opposite. The game becomes much more enjoyable once all the "real" players are gone and the all the players are players that I have recruited myself. The whole of the college football universe becomes an unknown landscape.

I don't have any preconceived notion about how any players should play. They are who they are, and I get to discover each players strengths and weaknesses through their play on the field without analyzing a player and saying, player A shouldn't drop that many passes, or player B should be better in man to man coverage.

I'm always more connect to the fictitious players in sports games, because there is no specter of a real life player hanging over their performance.
Exacty how i feel...I enjoy it more when the real players are gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #46
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
Exacty how i feel...I enjoy it more when the real players are gone.
I tend to develop an attachment to my fake, generated players. Having a go to WR, or a powerful Safety that you spent the time to recruit, and has came up in your system is a great feeling.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #47
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
I tend to develop an attachment to my fake, generated players. Having a go to WR, or a powerful Safety that you spent the time to recruit, and has came up in your system is a great feeling.
With recruiting, I love trying to steal guys away from other teams. In an OD I was Wisconsin and my friend Cincinnati, the number 1 WR Marco Thomas had a soft commit to him, buy through bad mouthing cincy and talking up my school I swooped and stole him. Makes me more attatvhed to him. In the same one I found a gem of a 4* runningback who game is as a 76 overall and was able to fill my powerback needs as a true freshman.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #48
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
I try to keep my dynasty realistic. I love creating real-life recruits using the Rivals250. It keeps the game fresh... I try and play my dynasty slow as well. I am not one of those guys that will play a whole season in three days. I might play a couple of games per week at most.

I know that's not too specific, but basically, I guess I just try and slow things down and keep it as realistic as possible. That keeps me going.
i like this idea - creating the "real" top 250...

i have never (gasp-confession) created a recruit - this may solve the problems that i was having with game in future seasons...

nice idea...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »