Home

Slide protect question?

This is a discussion on Slide protect question? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

OVR: 4
Slide protect question?

I haven't really noticed much of a difference between aggressive and pinch. I use pinch when I expect a blitz up the middle and aggressive when I expect more of an outside rush. Am I using them right, or do I not understand their purpose? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Slide protect question?

I'd like to know this too, specifially aggressive. Last gen, instead of aggressive, you had spread, so I'm not really sure what agressive is for. I heard of people last year using aggressive in running plays on short yardage, but I read a developer say this year with the new blocking assignments that slide protection has no effect on any running play except for draws.

I have been trying to find a consistent formula for it, using aggressive for an outside rush. Sometimes it works, others times it looks like the aggressive makes the d-linemen slide off of blocks easier.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

OVR: 4

Kinda the same thing I noticed. I call aggressive one play and they block well, and the next the DE blows right by them. I'm not sure if it even does anything??
Old 08-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

I only notice a difference on passing plays, and only to the left or right.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Last year my understanding is that "Pinch" made them block primarily the DL and "Aggressive" made them go for up field blocks. I use it as I would last year though I don't think I've seen them really break the pre-snap blocking assignments which is disappointing to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

If you are out there, EA, this is where a comprehensive manual, or even those tutorial vids that used to come on the disk, would be real handy right about now.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I think pinching makes the offensive line hold their blocks longer but they dont get as much of an upfield push. Works well for zone blocking schemes or spread offenses that are more about creating space.

Aggressive makes the lineman really try to push their man back, and if there's no one to block they will run upfield aggressively and look for someone to hit.

So I think pinching works well for shotgun runs or against a blitz, and aggressive works best when they have few guys in the box.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

I generally am only using left or right. And I use that on either PA Rollout type plays, or on flood plays where I'm going to roll that way anyway...and generally in these scenarios, I've got a fast QB that I'm considering scrambling with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »