Home

This game is too scripted.

This is a discussion on This game is too scripted. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: This game is too scripted.

I din;t have a meltdown and choke at the end of the game. Once I hit the opponents 30 I never completed a pass once all game. That is for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.

― Plato
Old 08-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #34
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
Yeah, you're right. The Packers and Cardinals playoff game last year must have been scripted as well. So much so, that I nearely jumped out of my seat and threw my controller against the wall after that fumble in OT. Oh wait, I did do that. Nevermind.
Your joke sucked. And why did you have to bring up that painful memory?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 9

I haven't lost to the computer since the very first Madden on Sega back in 1989. I always play on the hardest difficulty setting, but I've never bothered much with sliders. Tonight, I was using Kansas (B) against Ohio State (A) and was up on them 35-0 late in the 2nd quarter. I decided to "sim to the end", but had to cancel out because Ohio State came back and tied it at 35. Ohio State had the ball with 15 seconds on my 30 yard line. They unwisely decided to pass, and we sacked them and knocked them out of FG range. We go to overtime... and I do think its true that the CPU seems to juice it up late in a really close game. Then again, they were at home and had all the momentum on their side. The crowd was going insane and I couldn't even see all my receiver icons. But I managed to win.

So no, I don't think there is such a thing as a "scripted" game that you are destined to lose. Who do you control on defense? If you are just rushing the QB with a lineman or a blitzing LB, you really have minimal impact on the outcome of the play. You could play perfect every snap and the CPU could still score on you because you are counting too much on your teammates to make plays. Use a safety and you have a lot more control on the outcome of a play/series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 12:56 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

Some defenses are better in the red zone than they are between the 20s. Especially against the pass.

The closer you get to the endzone, the less field there is for the defense to worry about, leaning the advantage in the passing game more and more and more toward the defense as you get closer and closer and closer to the endzone.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 24

Is this the MLB The Show forums?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:03 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Maybe you shouldn't have thrown 3 straight times from right outside your kickers range and ran so just in case you didn't convert, you had a free field goal. No?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime217
Maybe you shouldn't have thrown 3 straight times
I fixed your post.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

When my running game was getting stuffed all game, I didn't feel like running. And the defense being better in the redzone has nothing to do with it. Every tiime I hit the 35, my QB just missed his targets. Thats it, the defense didn't create more pressure, they didn't cover better. Everything was the same except my Qbs accuracy. And it wasn't fatigue because I did call a timeout once and there was also a switching of quarters that also helped give my offense a rest.

My QB probably went something like 22-35 from anywhere outside the 35. And inside the 35 he probably was around 3-20.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »