Home

This game is too scripted.

This is a discussion on This game is too scripted. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #65
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: This game is too scripted.

The game is scripted in a sense that the CPU will pick up on your tendencies. If you are having all kinds of sucess, expect the defense and offense to pick up on this, especially on the higher levels.

This makes it tough because I am so good with certain plays and once the computer picks up on this I really have to work hard to be creative and also make the correct reads which can lead to teams coming back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #66
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

I understand what OP is saying. Sometimes my WR's will just start dropping wide open passes and I fumble a lot and the CPU starts deflecting passes from all sorts of weird angles. Sometimes the CPU gets locked into a mode where it enforces it's will on the human player by all sorts of crazy things.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #67
Rookie

cnowak's Arena

OVR: 5

Well you definitely cant win the championship with a 1 or 2 star team. You have to play with a 4 or 5 star team, and with recruiting being horrible you'll never build the program up that high!!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #68
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

Best way to combat the "scriptedness" that I've found? Score once... the whole game.

In my Heisman dynasty using Colorado, any time I've gotten up by two scores, Superman CPU starts. Anything that can go wrong in a key situation will go wrong. WR's will drop key passes that will convert third downs, your QB will get hit just at the right moment, causing an INT by a D-lineman on a wobbly duck pass, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

So last night, I'm playing Oregon in Eugene. I take the first drive down the field and score a TD on 15 plays. Then I make a point not to score the rest of the game. And hey, it seems like the CPU made the same determination, as my offense became almost inept unless started cheesing QB runs and crossing routes. I could have scored more points if I felt like it, but I didn't feel like initiating he superhuman CPU.

Game went on and Oregon continued to play a normal game of football, no ridiculous plays, running backs weren't breaking all kinds of tackles, my DB's weren't blatantly blowing assignments and missing swats, and I only had one fumble the whole game, and low and behold it was on a play where my running back broke a 30 yard run that would have put us inside the 10, where we would have at least gotten a field goal to put us up 10-0.

Guess what, I won the game 7-0 because the CPU never felt compelled to go into superhuman mode because they weren't really being pressed to do so by me, and I never once felt like the CPU was trying very hard to score.

My conclusion, don't try to get up by more than one score, and comeback AI will never kick in.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #69
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

You could make an argument for a game-designer "scripting" a game to make a tighter contest, since that would engage the gamer and make for a more fun experience.

You can't, I don't think, make an argument for "scripting" the game to force the player to lose. I mean, at least not this kind of game. If they were going to take the time to script some storyboarded event for how things play out, they'd make sure the gamer gets the win in the end. And for roughly the same reasons Hollywood tacks happy endings onto most of their stuff. Because nobody ever lost money by making their product too easily rewarding for their customer, and in fact a whole lot of people/companies are sitting on huge piles of money they won by betting on consumers being happy with cheap feel-good outcomes.

But that's just my opinion.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #70
Rookie

cnowak's Arena

Yes receiving sucks in this game, I had my receivers drop 9 straight passes all wide open as the computer continues to catch everything and be wide open all the time!! Receivers drop to many passes in this game!!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #71
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnowak
Yes receiving sucks in this game, I had my receivers drop 9 straight passes all wide open as the computer continues to catch everything and be wide open all the time!! Receivers drop to many passes in this game!!
Try sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #72
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

I refuse to believe the cpu is smarter then me in this game. The game is scripted at certain times or heisman difficulty is just crazy good for the cpu. They're are no blow-outs on heisman, I use versus2 sliders on heisman, and they are pretty good but it's just this damn cpu and its ROBO-qb. Honestly a perfectly played game on my part doesn't matter because they will do some BS fumble or some screw up somehow and I'm nice at this game. I play real football, no cheesing or any of that mess. I play to a team tendencies and just play. I use v.tech and miami alot and the BS I have seen is crazy. I can understand a fluky game but it happens too much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »