Home

Patch for dynasty...?

This is a discussion on Patch for dynasty...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Patch for dynasty...?

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I was wondering if there was going to be a patch for the dynasty mode, more specifically the awful player progression?

I read through the Patch #2 topic and didn't see anything about it in there, but I have heard that they will be releasing a patch for the issue and just wanted someone to confirm it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Chef J2's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Patch for dynasty...?

EA is working on a second patch that addresses dynasty progression issues and incoming recruits' ratings along with several other issues. The last I read on this site is the patch will be release by mid-month.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

I usually don't do this... but in this case, there is a thread about this very topic four posts down from your's, on the front page..... You can't miss it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...orts-blog.html
Old 08-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
I usually don't do this... but in this case, there is a thread about this very topic four posts down from your's, on the front page..... You can't miss it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...orts-blog.html
I skimmed through it and all I saw was the updates for dirty jerseys and a few other things. Nothing about dynasty progression or recruit ability.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 28

I think that recruiting is an item that EA can tweak without a patch with the Live Tuning that they implemented. Again, I think...

I love online dynasty but only giving 7 of 25 scholarships is brutal. Losing players to 1 and 2 star schools is something that I hope that they fix. Each year, I get more walkons than scholarship players....

Overall though, much improved....

Last edited by Eski33; 08-02-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Misspell
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Tuners for this are supposed to arrive this week, prior to patch #2 (which is mid-August or later).
Old 08-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoondockSooner
I skimmed through it and all I saw was the updates for dirty jerseys and a few other things. Nothing about dynasty progression or recruit ability.
Really? The quote below is taken from the thread and the blog from EA:

Quote:
We're also looking to address a few important dynasty progression and recruiting issues.
Lenscrafters is having a great special this week, I would highly recommend visiting.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

The entire thread is pretty much about this section of the blog:

Quote:
NEW FOR NCAA FOOTBALL 11 -- LIVE TUNING PACKAGES

A number of you have already noticed that we do a check for "Online Gameplay Tuning" when connecting to our online servers. Some of you may also have found a new "Tuning" category in the Files menu. This is a new technology for NCAA Football 11 that allows us to not only live update and tune core gameplay parameters -- like fumbles, throw accuracy, and juke success ratings -- but it also allows us to rebalance certain core features such as recruiting logic, blocking, even control the intensity of shadows cast by the football on a sunny day!

These new Live Tuning Packages (LTPs) contain literally 1000's of key parameters which drive the heart of our game; parameters that live well below the level of specific player or team ratings. With our new LTPs we can often turn changes around in a few days. It can't solve everything, and some issues will still require a traditional client update, but for many items it's definitely a more powerful and faster strategy for tuning throughout the season.

Our first LTP should be arriving next week along with detailed notes on what the update contains. I can tell you that based on the collective feedback we've received, we will be carefully down-tuning the athleticism of defensive lineman and reduce the number of impressive picks by the big guys. We're also looking to address a few important dynasty progression and recruiting issues.
There's lots of discussion in the other thread about this, about 5 pages worth @ 20ppp.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »