Home

5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon

This is a discussion on 5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #49
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbrs04
I found that a good way to stop that qb sprint on pass plays is to use a 3-3-5 D and either spy the 2 inside db's or blitz them and have the nt spy or hook zone. Another thing is to set it for conservative in game plan the one that is for the zone d to go after a scrambling qb or stay put.

FYI, i do use the ducks online since they are my dynasty team, and i like to try different things with them. But i do hate cheesing.
If youre up for a game let me know on ps3
Thanks...I did use this a little last night. And it worked for the most part.

I actually made 3 guys quit yesterday with Running QB's. For some reason..my base defense was working just fine. The usually DE contain and DT Spy's worked just fine. I made this sick sack. He started running around reversed him field. And got planted by a cornerback. He fumbled and I returned it for 75 touchdown fumble return. It was awesome.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #50
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
That may be the biggest problem in head to head/cpu games-the accuracy of these passes under pressure and across the body...simply ridiculous. It's up to EA to fix this with lower accuracy ratings under these circumstances. Slower pass animations could happen under these situations as well to decrease chances of getting a pass off b4 contact. Setting your feet b4 a pass is one of the golden rules for completing a pass yet that rule is constantly ignored during those scrambling moments.
QFT!!

Thats my main problem!! I had a few guys drop back like 20 yards last night. But they couldn't complete their passes.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It does seem EA has tried to fix the accuracy while scrambling and setting your feet before throwing somewhat. At times if I'm running around with Pryor on busted plays I'll try to throw on the run and it's terribly inaccurate. Also, at other times I'll stop to set my feet and get sacked. The problem is it's not consistent. It works about 30-50% of the time. It needs to be 100% of the time. If you were more inaccurate on the run and had to set your feet to get that accuracy every time then a lot of the cheesing would not work.

Also, you should never be able to throw worth a crap while you run backwards. And if you stop and set your feet and your 15+ yards behind the LOS your pass accuract rating should automatically be 50% of what it normally is PLUS your icons for your WR's should all be hidden for the rest of the entire play.

Drastic? Yeah. Realistic? Maybe a bit too realistic as some QBs can throw on the run ok (or even better). But sometimes you have to do things in the game a certain way to force people into certain behavior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #52
Rookie

ManOfLaMange's Arena

OVR: 7

I wholeheartedly agree with the idea that EA should just turn off the passing ability when you get too deep behind the LOS. There isn't a coach in the world who wants a QB passing from 15, 20 yards deep in their own backfield, that makes what would be a 35 yard throw on a post to a 55 yard bomb, much easier to be intercepted.

I'd set the limit at 17 yards. If at any point a passer drops more than 17 yards behind the LOS, they forfeit the right to throw the ball on that play, and have to run or take the sack. I'd love to see EA implement something like that. It would make these online games actually develop pockets.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #53
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Some of the ideas here I like...But they are a little too much. As a former QB myself. I can tell they have been times when I take a snap. And run backwards 10-15 yards (My linemen sucked)...Just so I could complete deep passes a little better. But I had to have my feet set. I can understand why they leave the window open. Because some QB's do throw across their bodies for completions. I've seen it done in a few games....in real life.

Something just has to happen...I like where they are going right now (I notice a few new QB animations especially in Madden's demo) . But something needs a little change.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #54
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Some of the ideas here I like...But they are a little too much. As a former QB myself. I can tell they have been times when I take a snap. And run backwards 10-15 yards (My linemen sucked)...Just so I could complete deep passes a little better. But I had to have my feet set. I can understand why they leave the window open. Because some QB's do throw across their bodies for completions. I've seen it done in a few games....in real life.

Something just has to happen...I like where they are going right now (I notice a few new QB animations especially in Madden's demo) . But something needs a little change.
I know in NFL 2k5, whenever the qb had to throw a really deep ball the qb would do this long drawn out animation to represent that the qb had to put alot of effort into the throw for maximum distance. I don't see these kind of animations on 15-20 yard+ qb drops in NCAA. QB's still throw as if they are 3 yards off the line of scrimmage. This makes it nearly impossible to get a hand on the qb during those occasions.

While QB's do complete across the body passes in real life, it is still way too consistent/accurate in NCAA-This is usually considered fundamentally bad in real life. Just need to tone down the accuracy of them.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »