Home

Complete List of Season 1 Schedule Errors(PS3)

This is a discussion on Complete List of Season 1 Schedule Errors(PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Complete List of Season 1 Schedule Errors(PS3)

Season starts one week too early, inherently causing most games to be wrong off the bat in terms of date, throws off bye weeks, etc etc etc. Week 15, the only game should be Army-Navy. Conference title games should really be in week 14 etc etc. Listing every single problem like that would take days. This isn't even close to the biggest problem though, which is saying a lot.

Arizona State vs. Washington State should be in Tempe, not Pullman. This causes Arizona State to play 5 conference road games in a row and 6 out of 9 away from home. Brutal.

Baylor vs. Texas Tech should really be a neutral game, but EA doesn't seem to know how to do that. Fine, if that's too complicated. Game should be @ Lubbock though, not in Waco. This gives Baylor 5 conference home games and only 3 away and conversely messes up Texas Tech.

Boise State vs. Nevada is just missing entirely, giving Boise State only 11 games for the season. Huge problem when some teams play 8 games in a conference and some only play 7. Pretty much completely ruins a WAC dynasty.

Buffalo vs. Central Florida should be in Buffalo, not Orlando.

Colorado State vs. UNLV should be in Fort Collins, not Las Vegas. This causes Colorado State to play 5 conference road games and only 3 home.

Hawaii vs. Utah State is missing entirely. If EA can't figure out how to give people 13 games, ok, I can almost sorta get it, except that on 04 on the old xbox, I could schedule 13 games with no trouble, but whatever. Take out the FCS game instead of this like you always have in the past when someone played 13. Also, Hawaii should be finishing with UNLV, not @ New Mexico State, the 2 games are simply reversed. Not a glaring problem in relative terms since as a whole, schedules are a disaster, and this is pretty minor. Both Hawaii and Utah State have FCS games. Removing a conference game and leaving those is completely illogical and there's no excuse.

Houston vs. Mississippi State should be in Houston, not Starkville.

Idaho vs. Western Michigan is completely missing. Again, just take the FCS game out for Idaho, and then you're only messing up one team's schedule minimally, rather than messing up a completely different school that didn't need to be messed up.

Iowa vs. Minnesota should be in Iowa City, not Minneapolis. This gives Minnesota 5 road games, and Iowa 5 home games.

Iowa State vs. Kansas State, again like TT-Baylor should be neutral. For whatever reason, that can't be done apparently. Fine, but Kansas State should be the home team, this causes Iowa State to have 5 conference home games and 3 away. Conversely, just 3 home conference games for Kansas State. A bit unfair.

Louisiana State vs. Mississippi State should be in Baton Rouge, not Starkville. 5 road conference games for LSU, 5 home conference games for Mississippi State, who is already getting another home game against Houston that they shouldn't have giving them NINE home games, which is absurd.

Louisiana Tech-has Nevada and San Jose State reversed at the end of the year. Again, not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things since there are so many more glaring problems.

Miami Florida vs. Pittsburgh-should be in Pittsburgh, not Miami.

Michigan State vs. Notre Dame should be in East Lansing, not South Bend. Like Mississippi State, this causes Notre Dame to have NINE home games. LSU AND Notre Dame schedules messed up? Really?

Kansas vs. Missouri, again, should be neutral. If it's not going to be however, Missouri should be the home team. Kansas has 5 home conference games and Missouri only has 3. That's half the conference messed up now.

North Carolina State vs. Central Florida should be in Orlando, not Raleigh. Considering all the homerism showed toward Central Florida in terms of prestige and rating, this is pretty surprising.

Nevada has 12 games, but again, just take out the FCS game instead of what's pretty much the most significant conference game in the entire conference. Not having Boise State play Nevada is unacceptable. Not having Nevada play an FCS school is survivable. Then Boise could have 12 games like they should.

New Mexico vs. New Mexico State is about a month off, which leads to New Mexico having 2 bye weeks in a row. Not a huge deal, just looks really bad.

New Mexico State has Louisiana Tech and Nevada our of order also.

Northwestern vs. Penn State should be in Happy Valley, not in Evanston. This gives 5 home games for Northwestern and only 3 for Penn State.

Mississippi-Tennessee should be in Knoxville, not Oxford. This gives Ole Miss 5 home games and the Vols only 3.

San Jose State vs. Wisconsin is missing. Again, take out an FCS game, especially since San Jose State has TWO. This causes Wisconsin to only play 11. Also, since San Jose State is out of order on two teams schedules, they have their final two games in the wrong order as well.

Stanford vs. Southern Cal should be @ Stanford, not in Los Angeles. This, like Arizona State causes Stanford to play SIX conference road games and only 3 home.

UNLV vs. West Virginia is missing. UNLV vs. Air Force is several weeks out of order. West Virginia now only has 11 games because of this. EA isn't opposed to deleting games that should be there, but they're opposed to adding one?

Southern Cal vs. Washington State is missing. The PAC 10 was already bordering unplayable due to rotation problems for the eleventy billionth year in a row, but now an entire conference game is missing? This is completely indefensible. UNLV and USC both have 13 1-A opponents, but taking out a conference game is completely the wrong way to fix an inability to figure out how to give people 13 games.

I would need a flow chart to describe all the ways in which it is unacceptable not to patch this, no matter what the consequence. And I didn't even get into season 1-2 rotation problems that have been there for multiple years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Complete List of Season 1 Schedule Errors(PS3)

What a mess, this is patchable right?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

I have a feeling it's not. I tell Adam every year about the conference rotation problems, and it never gets fixed and never gets patched. Last year he flat said schedules were not patchable, but somehow the default roster of the game was. Not sure how you can do one without the other, but I wouldn't expect it. Just figured I'd list them all on the off chance it can be fixed because it badly needs to be.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
New Mexico vs. New Mexico State is about a month off, which leads to New Mexico having 2 bye weeks in a row. Not a huge deal, just looks really bad.
Actually this game is a pretty big deal. It's what throws off the WAC schedules and causes Nevada and Boise and Utah State and Hawai'i not to play. Both New Mexico and and NMSU still have a bye week in week 6 when they're supposed to play and that's what makes it even worse.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

Arizona State vs. Washington State should be in Tempe, not Pullman. This causes Arizona State to play 5 conference road games in a row and 6 out of 9 away from home. Brutal.
Great post Tovarich.

This made my schedule absolutely brutal (AZ St). Can you give me a heads up on what's screwy about the Pac-10 for year 2? Will I have 6 home games that year?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Stupid noob question but, how do these problems, which appear BOLD and GLARING to me me, get past the testers? Are there testers? It's not like one schedule problem, or small school probs. The Nevada/Boise St missing game effectively wipes out a WAC season, and puts a big hurt on a dynasty imo
Old 08-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Great post Tovarich.

This made my schedule absolutely brutal (AZ St). Can you give me a heads up on what's screwy about the Pac-10 for year 2? Will I have 6 home games that year?
I had simmed to season 2 a while back and saw that the conference schedules didn't rotate, but I wasn't aware of how much more it had been screwed up. I'll do it some time today, but my feeling is that in season 2, you will have 6 conference road games again, possibly only 5 because Oregon State-Arizona State did rotate from year 1 to 2 last year, and the other 44 PAC 10 games did not, but I will check to confirm in the near future.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
I had simmed to season 2 a while back and saw that the conference schedules didn't rotate, but I wasn't aware of how much more it had been screwed up. I'll do it some time today, but my feeling is that in season 2, you will have 6 conference road games again, possibly only 5 because Oregon State-Arizona State did rotate from year 1 to 2 last year, and the other 44 PAC 10 games did not, but I will check to confirm in the near future.
Dammit...not only do I screwed with AZ ST only having 1 rivalry I could potentially have to face the same exact conf schedule which wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't 5 or 6 road games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »