Home

Tampa 2

This is a discussion on Tampa 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Tampa 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
True but that's not how they play it on madden. Peep the demo, it's a cover 2 with the corners off a little.
Hot route them to buzz zones perhaps?

I do that with the Cover 2 Buc play in Nickel 335. Instead of playing the flat, I have both corners play buzz zones and the nickelback (who is assigned a buzz zone already), I have him blitz.

It is tough to do Cover 2 Buc in this game though. It is the same with the 4-2-5 Cover 5 that TCU runs constantly. Two man deep, 5 underneath and about 10 yards. The Cover 2 in the game puts the corners in the flat leaving a huge amount of space along the sideline. Hot route them manually is the best choice, just mix it up so a human opponent doesn't catch on.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Guys, Tampa 2 is essentially the same thing as a regular Cover 2 except the MLB runs down the middle of the field to take away the deep route down "the tube".

Call Cover 2 and control the MLB and drop down the field with him...fixed.
That's oversimplifying it. I'm not trying to be condescending, but true "Tampa" 2 deep (with an ILB middle reading off #2/#3 and the Corner and OLB pattern reading #1/#2) is not in the game. I just don't think that kind of programming AI is here yet.

However, if you want to try it, controlling and ILB is your best bet.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

[quote=TXHusker25;2041416037]Hot route them to buzz zones perhaps?

I do that with the Cover 2 Buc play in Nickel 335. Instead of playing the flat, I have both corners play buzz zones and the nickelback (who is assigned a buzz zone already), I have him blitz.

It is tough to do Cover 2 Buc in this game though. It is the same with the 4-2-5 Cover 5 that TCU runs constantly. Two man deep, 5 underneath and about 10 yards. The Cover 2 in the game puts the corners in the flat leaving a huge amount of space along the sideline. Hot route them manually is the best choice, just mix it up so a human opponent doesn't catch on.[/QUOTE
vs the CPU u can do this vs human they would pick up on it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #12
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
That's oversimplifying it. I'm not trying to be condescending, but true "Tampa" 2 deep (with an ILB middle reading off #2/#3 and the Corner and OLB pattern reading #1/#2) is not in the game. I just don't think that kind of programming AI is here yet.

That was the point, to oversimplify it for someone playing a video game.

I didn't feel like typing up ten pages from my defensive coordinator repertoire but yes, it is oversimplified, but I think less is more when it comes to giving advice on something I have no idea what the knowledge level is of other posters on certain areas.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #13
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee

And isn't the ILB usually in more of a sprint down the field rather than a backpedal?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

How complicated are the "Cover 2" schems in the NFL? I think the casual fan thinks that the '02 Bucs just called Cover 2 every play and just had good players. How many variations are there (just zone, not Man 2)?

I've seen the CBs drop deep and Safeties drop down, I've seen teams slide their OLBs out to be the flat defenders.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #15
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
How complicated are the "Cover 2" schems in the NFL? I think the casual fan thinks that the '02 Bucs just called Cover 2 every play and just had good players. How many variations are there (just zone, not Man 2)?

I've seen the CBs drop deep and Safeties drop down, I've seen teams slide their OLBs out to be the flat defenders.
yep, va tech drops their cbs deep-inverted 2, they also play safety deep/corner down on one side and corner deep/safety down on the other, and will roll the olb up to the short side w/ the corner deep w/ safety deep/corner down to the other side as well. they've even dropped the end in to the flat w/ the corner overtop. there are a crapload of cover 2 defenses and video games haven't even come close to replicating them, but they've have to get the actual scheme right 1st and stop leaveing that huuuuge gap b/w corner and safety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 04:48 AM   #16
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHusker25
Hot route them to buzz zones perhaps?

It is tough to do Cover 2 Buc in this game though. It is the same with the 4-2-5 Cover 5 that TCU runs constantly. Two man deep, 5 underneath and about 10 yards. The Cover 2 in the game puts the corners in the flat leaving a huge amount of space along the sideline. Hot route them manually is the best choice, just mix it up so a human opponent doesn't catch on.
YEah in plain cover 2 a quick bullet to the outside receivers is open almost EVERYtime, and then they only have the safety to beat and it's a td.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »