Home

What's your greatest comeback? Here's mine

This is a discussion on What's your greatest comeback? Here's mine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What's your greatest comeback? Here's mine

Last Night in my SEC OD with Kentucky, playing at Ole Miss. I was down 31- 10 with under a minute in the third quarter. i scored with a 8 yard rush by Cashike Williams. So 4th quarter comes around i get a three and out, he punts, i get the ball at my 33.

31-17 him at this point, when i throw a screen to Derek Locke that takes it to the 4 yard line. Then next play i throw to Chris Matthews in the flat, 31-23, i decide to go for 2, get it. 31-25. With under 3 minutes left i was having a hard time stopping Randall Mackey on the option, so i went with the Onside, got it.

So i take my time nice drive downfield capping it off with a 12 yard pass to Larod King. 32-31. So with 54 seconds left( i think) He gets it to the 34, with seven seconds left. I use my last time out, ice his kicker, he still makes it. I lose 34-32, so not a true "comeback", but it could have been.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Had an almost comeback.

Playing as Texas, at Nebraska. I was ranked #3 or 4 at the time I think.

They scored, I fumbled the kick return and they scored with under 2 minutes left to take a 3 point lead. I ran a few plays before scoring a ~45 yard touchdown when my receiver was left open streaking up field. There was ~1 minute left at this time.

They got the ball, and scored a touchdown on a 50 yard hail mary with 0:00 left on the clock ending my hope for a nat'l championship. Sucked to lose that way, but that's just how the game goes sometimes
Old 08-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #11
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

NCAA 08 or something

Illinois (Me) vs USC (Rose Bowl Match)

We went back and forth the entire game Im blanking on the score right now so Im just gonna say its 14-14 in the 4th with about 5 minutes to go. Our offense drives up the field and scores 21-14 3 minutes. They drive it up the field and score 21-21 2 minutes left. We take the ensuing kickoff back for 99 yards. Then USC takes it back to the house as well 1 minute left. We make it to about the 27 or so and its 13 seconds on the clock our OB is pressured he throws it up in the top left corner of the endzone TOUCHDOWN FIGHTING ILLINI. First time I ever jumped out of my seat for a Football game and I have been advidly playing since 2003
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Me(Texas Tech) vs Michigan St (User)

Got dominated all game and was down 17 points with 3 minutes left in the 4th.
Mich st kicked the ball off for a touchback... Next play I throw it deep downfield and got a score to cut it to 14. I went for 2 just for the hell of it, thinking there was no way I'd come back, and I got it.

Lead now cut to 9.

Kicked an onside kick and recovered it. Lead down the field and scored a TD with 0:50 left on the clock.

Lead now cut to 2.

Kicked the onside and recovered again. First play was a 30 yard pass up the middle putting me with a 25 yard field goal to win the game. The guy quit.

Kick the field goal with time expiring to win 46-45.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Last year I had a user game in an online dynasty. I was Penn State and he was Oregon State. I went down 38-3 after the first half. He was getting every single turnover and it was pissing me off. I somehow managed to break through with 2 long touchdowns with Evan Royster to at least make it a game. I somehow managed to get him to go 3 and out the rest of the game and he couldn't stop me. I took it to overtime and won 48-45 on an amazing interception in the end zone. I still have no idea how I managed to come back in that game.
FLYERS!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #14
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

This wasnt me, but my opponent, sadly. As Utah I got up 17-0 on Washington halfway through the second quarter. He offered me a friendly quit which I refused. He then proceeded to finish the game by scoring 35 unanswered points. He was sim, too.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:15 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

I was Cincy playing against Fresno State. The computer was beeing super cheap the whole first half, my players were fumbling etc. So it's half time, they are up 35 - 7. Start of the 2nd half, I could not be stopped. I scored 3 straight times, tying it up, holding them scoreless in the 2nd half up till then. So of course the next drive they get, waste out half the 4th quarter and score. It's now 42-35. I drove down the field and scored. 42-41, with like 40 seconds left. I had to go for 2, because I wanted to win this sucker without OT. Well, they denied my run with my RB. So I'm stuck down by one. Then I onside kicked it and I got it, to my surprise. So theres like 40 seconds on the clock still. And I'm at like my 40. I tried to pass a few 10-15 yarders to move down for a FG, but I did not complete one. Then it was fourth down, with 10 seconds left, still on my 40. So instead of calling a hail marry, I called a play where my WR just ran a deep post. To my surprise, it was only one on one coverage, and I heaved it down field, and my WR out jumped the CB, broke his tackle and ran into the endzone. I won 48-42.

My QB, Zach Collaros, pretty much in the 2nd half alone, had 675 yards and 5 TD's, but sadly one pick in the 1st quarter that was shady.

Damn I was happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »