Home

I just played a game and had ZERO possessions

This is a discussion on I just played a game and had ZERO possessions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I just played a game and had ZERO possessions

Wanna know why, because the person I played onside kicked it EVERY time and recovered it EVERY TIME.
His offense, was Gator heavy, with a fast rb at qb, and did qb sweep I think, and I for the love of god could not stop him.
How is it possible that EA screwed up so bad, that there is a way to get onside kicks every time, like seriously. So unrealistic.

I played the whole game, lost 84-0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: I just played a game and had ZERO possessions

You gotta know when to hold em.
Know when to fold em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run

Personally, after 42-0 I would have folded 'em
Old 08-04-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksont09
Wanna know why, because the person I played onside kicked it EVERY time and recovered it EVERY TIME.
His offense, was Gator heavy, with a fast rb at qb, and did qb sweep I think, and I for the love of god could not stop him.
How is it possible that EA screwed up so bad, that there is a way to get onside kicks every time, like seriously. So unrealistic.

I played the whole game, lost 84-0.
I'd guess its because EA is unable to program the game so it's possible to get onside kicks a realistic amount of the time, but also not exploitable. I'm guessing this is the same reason you can't really block fgs or punts. If EA made it so you could, someone would find a loophole and be doing it every time.

Good for you playing the whole game though, because I definitely would've quit on him.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:54 AM   #4
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

84?!?!?! Thats like, over 9000!

I'm not aware of any automatic onside kick glitch although EA said there was one in the demo. But supposedly that was fixed.

I did have one opponent do an onside kick, except it was actually just a very short kick from the standard kickoff formation. All my guys just kind of stood there watching the ball roll towards them and once it passed 10 yards his guy picked it up. I wasnt mad about it though because I wasnt quite sure whether I should have touched it or not either.

Did you try to user catch the ball?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #5
Rookie

Okay basically, he would kick it short of ten yards right, then either A my player would jump out and whiff at the ball (even if i freaking controlled him), or B it would magically jump up high into the air, and he would somehow jump up and get it over my players. The only time I almost got the ball was when I think he messed up and it bounced off my players hands. I stayed the whole game just to see if I could ever get a possession.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I'd guess its because EA is unable to program the game so it's possible to get onside kicks a realistic amount of the time, but also not exploitable. I'm guessing this is the same reason you can't really block fgs or punts. If EA made it so you could, someone would find a loophole and be doing it every time.

Good for you playing the whole game though, because I definitely would've quit on him.
I just wanted to recover one, or see if he would continue on his unrighteous path of greed of offense.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:10 AM   #7
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

well that sucks.

but you really only should be playing against people you know online. Ranked matches and all that are all cheese.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #8
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop

I played a guy who blocked every single kick of mine. all 4. He just came off the right edge

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »