Home

Please, Stop

This is a discussion on Please, Stop within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

ManOfLaMange's Arena

OVR: 7
Please, Stop

I know, I've been committing an OS no-no by playing ranked games against random folks, but I've also seen a lot of threads/posts on OS and the EA Forums with people complaining about the no-huddle offenses as "cheese".

NO, THEY'RE NOT.

Now, I'm not a big proponent of them, being from Big Ten country and playing most of my games with Iowa or Nebraska online, but no-huddle offenses are put in place in real life to make a mediocre-talent-level offense successful against a talented defense.

So it makes sense that when a player is losing, they go no-huddle to score. The no-huddle has been used that way since the USFL days (Jim Kelly, I'm looking at you) and it is a strategy in real football, and therefore makes sense that it should affect the game in a negative manner for a defense.

So to all of you who complain that you were beat with a no-huddle, please realize what you are saying. You are saying you shouldn't lose because you don't know how to adjust your defense to a no-huddle by picking other plays in the quick screen (a great tool that defenses didn't have before this year, mind you) and that you're scared to use a basketball-style timeout like they're used in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Please, Stop

Is this thread really needed? Obviously the no-huddle is fair game.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Rookie

ManOfLaMange's Arena

I feel like it is, over the last few days I've been surrounded by the opinion that it's cheese, and to me complaining about the no-huddle feels like sour grapes.

If the overwhelming opinion of the OS membership feels like I do, that'd be awesome. I put it in the general section because I wanted to vent on the topic, and I'm cool with some affirmation that I'm right about this.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
Rookie

kingoftroy59's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree that it's fine when used properly...however it does get somewhat cheesy when you just no huddle to the same Power-O play because your opponent came out in a nickel or some other form of pass-minded front. Because the no-huddler doesn't have to sift through his playbook to find his new play when employing the spam strategy, you barely have any time to adjust either...which makes it quite annoying and difficult to defend. It also definitely isn't "sim".
Old 08-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
Rookie

ManOfLaMange's Arena

I don't think it's cheesy if someone runs Power-O against my nickel defense. If they keep running, I have to counter with the predict play/moving my alignments/calling timeout, just like in a real game.

Luckily we have the opportunity to guess at what package is coming out by waiting until the offense selects their play and we get a "3 WR 1 RB 1 TE" read. When I stop focusing and I pick a nickel D on 3rd and 6 and they come out in 2 TEs I should have showed patience in picking my play.

Defense is about reading and reacting; I don't fault the game for my impatience to do that, considering in real life if I'm a D coordinator I'd expect to be run on if I send out a pass-oriented defense without seeing what the offense was doing. Blind guesses should be punished when you're not lucky enough to get it right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 16

What? Who's saying the no huddle is cheese? It cant be cheese if a ton of schools use it

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
What? Who's saying the no huddle is cheese? It cant be cheese if a ton of schools use it
Not the no huddle itself, but the implementation of it.

If someone is running no huddle Wishbone/Goal Line/Power I, it is garbage, there is no argument that could make that legitimate. And I just played someone like that. Virginia Tech, Wishbone and either the Iso or audible to the Power and keep it. Not a single pitch and 39 of 40 offense plays in the game were Wishbone Tight. The other was a hail mary.

The other thing that personally bothers me is people that run no huddle after they choke on a wide open play, but that isn't really a no huddle offense, just an idiot.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

if they use it in anyway shape or form than its fine. you have a screen to pick plays or go adjust your strategy

hell if your going to play nickel i'd run the power o all game long too until you decided to bring up all your people and commit to the run while in your nickel...

nothing wrong with it....wise up and commit to the run....adjust your strategy

i don't see why you'd play normal nickel while they are in wishbone and not bring up your people and commit to the run, true you might be stuck in nickel but just adjust....thats defense read and adjust

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »