Home

Is anybody else having the CPU QB turn into John Elway the last 2 min of games?

This is a discussion on Is anybody else having the CPU QB turn into John Elway the last 2 min of games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #17
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is anybody else having the CPU QB turn into John Elway the last 2 min of games?

Landry jones and Oklahomas hurry up is a B

Michigan is another team that ticks me off to no end

The playbooks to defend the spread passing attack really stink....

The best way to counter the CPU cheating on Heisman is have good audibles and Hot routed Blitzes/Zones

Since the CPU cheats and knows the play you select at the playcall screen.......you have to change it up before the snap and that will confuse them more

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #18
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is anybody else having the CPU QB turn into John Elway the last 2 min of games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
If he went 7 for 23 with 3 picks...how does he even have the time in the 4th quarter to dig himself out of that hole, regardless of how well he is throwing?
You could have answered it yourself very easily. Perhaps its a defensive battle? Maybe BOTH QBs are struggling. Is this an argument just to argue or something?
Old 08-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have seen it. I call it Juggernaut Mode. The CPU just decides, we aren't going to lose. It's definitely the Heisman setting. Terrell Pryor was a heisman candidate, he had less than a 50% completion percentage against me, and when he got injured for about half a quarter, that was the only time they moved teh ball one me. The next week I play PSU, and Kevin Newsome is injured. Their second stringer goes for over 200 yards and 4 TDs, finishing something like 15-18 on the day. Same thing happened in a loss I had to UCLA earlier in the year. I was dominating the game, then the second half came around and suddenly the QB could do no wrong. Even worse, of all of a sudden my line couldn't block, and I was getting sacked before slants could even make it to the first passing window. It's frustrating, but it is what it is.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #20
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

I am playing on Heisman and yes ive seen it like every game they are in striking distance of me score wise
Old 08-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #21
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
I am playing on Heisman and yes ive seen it like every game they are in striking distance of me score wise

Me too, just happened to me against freaking Air Force last night. Their QB could do no wrong, and they're an option team. Meanwhile their D (mostly linebackers) are picking me off left and right (6 of them). Nothing more frustrating. Partially my fault because I was just screwing around for most of the game and didn't really want to play because it's freaking Air Force, then of course they come around to totally F me in the A.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #22
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I have not seen this in 11.

It sounds impossible because no one could match the late game heroics of Elway.
Elway and the 3 Amigos were one of my all-time favorite teams to watch, and I am a Packer fan.

:-)
Old 08-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play the default All American majority of the time and have had this happen in about 90% of the losses I have had. Inside 2 minutes in the second quarter or 4th quarter the computer goes to invincible mode and doesn't miss passes or the HB shrugs off 4-man gang tackles for 80 yard TD runs and ****.

It's quite simply the most frustrating part of this game. In the last several games I have played I am like 3-10 or some such.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10

i honestly have no idea what people are tlaking about in this thread who play on AA. i havent' seen on instance of robo qb at all. how about make better play calls? tighten up on D. robo QB has def existed but not in this yeras game for sure

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »