Home

NCAA Football 11 Live Tuning Pack 1, Available Now

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Live Tuning Pack 1, Available Now within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Live Tuning Pack 1 is Live

Is there a reason why all the teams are still going down in average OVR per team? You would think SOME teams would be going up ...

But anyway, thanks for the quick update. I am debating leaving my job early to go home and play. I am in at my bowl game and want to start the off-season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #42
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

I noticed Russ mentioned all kickers having the leg for 30 yard field goals, which makes since (most HS kickers can make 30 yard field goals), but have kicker ratings been increased or will they?

I don't care how far the kicker can kick it if he is missing every PAT.

Furthermore, Juke/Spin Move/Awareness issues... will they be in the Patch?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #43
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Awesome job, great turn-around time. Thank you for a great game this year.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #44
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Just to ask again, Russ. Is it intentional for all WR recruits to have horrible Evasiveness, Juke Moves, Spin Moves, and Stiff Arm? I'm seeing 99% of WR recruits having D- in 3 or 4 of the categories, including 5 star guys.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #45
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Really good news. Now I can continue my dynasty knowing recruits will be good. I'm already having a blast this year.

Russ - by improving the cpu recruting AI, does it make the overall recruiting difficulty significantly harder?
In the amount of seasons we played it didn't feel like it made things significantly harder. But what you will notice is you have less time to the recruits that "fly under the radar" since larger teams will give up/sign top talent faster.

Let me know what you think though, we can still do some tweaks if needed.

-Russ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #46
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Just to ask again, Russ. Is it intentional for all WR recruits to have horrible Evasiveness, Juke Moves, Spin Moves, and Stiff Arm? I'm seeing 99% of WR recruits having D- in 3 or 4 of the categories, including 5 star guys.
Short answer yes. Corners have poor tackling so it balances that out.

We did a LOT of work on recruits this year to change some things everyone was used to seeing (like simply reloading in year 2 with freshmen). When you change things some people will not be happy, and honestly I'm ok with that. BUT I will be working to address the things you all want to see as best I can.

-Russ
Old 08-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #47

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Russ -

I am at the end of year 1 and have yet to advance to the off-season screen. If you have am moment to answer a few questions, I'd appreciate it and so would many people here in the same situation:

Will this tuning set be in effect for my upcoming progression phase of the off-season?

Will it have an effect on the new recruits that will be generated (the filler guys that get added to the pool after the season).

Lastly, will the CPU teams immediately begin to adjust their recruiting stratgies based on need? In other words, if a CPU team already has 4 QBs signed from the in-season recruiting. Will it drop pursuit this off-season of any other QBs they're going after?

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 08-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 20

First, would like to thank to Russ and the rest of the devs who worked on the tuner. I have a question though. Looking at the awareness ratings it looks like on average the offensive recruits are a good amount higher than defensive recruits in awareness. I assume this is how it was pre tuner as well. Is there a particular reason for that, maybe some kind of benefit you guys have seen in testing? Or maybe you guys are potentially looking at this as a part of the awareness changes that will be included when the patch comes?

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-05-2010 at 11:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »