Home

Recruiting help?

This is a discussion on Recruiting help? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Recruiting help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
Try targeting only like 12-15 guys during the season and go full 60 min each week and they will get more interested in you. Only target your strong needs during the season.
I did this in the 2nd year of the dynasty. I went after 20 recruits (2 and 3*) and spent 1 hour a week on 10 of them, the next week spent 1 hr on the 2nd 10. When I lost 1 I would go search for 3* recruits that have 10 schools remaining. During the year I got four 2* recruits. This is now on All American recruiting level. The problem with this is that my team is so bad that I have very few A or B pitches. So spending 6 pitches on one kid isn't always fruitful.

I really wanted to be successful on the Heisman recruit level. But as I said earlier I gained just 1 recruit in dynasty year 1. I lost all my SR's, and walk on's filled the roster. They are all rated 40, some starting. Using Playmakers sliders I went 2-10 in my 2nd year of dynasty, after going 8-6 in year 1. I have never been that bad, not even close.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
Rookie

LC AAU's Arena

OVR: 4

No joke, this is the most helpful recruiting tip I've seen anywhere.

http://www.digitalsportscene.com/for...tml#post171602

It helped me loads in all my Online Dynasties and in my Southern Mississippi Dynasty
Old 08-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play with Iowa State which is a two star program on heisman. I generally goto All Recruits and organize the list by the first column and only target guys that have the green circle next to them. I get 15 recruits that range from 2* and 3* from that list then grab between two and five 4* recruits. I target the 4* recruits with 60 minutes. Then I go after the 3/2* with 30 minutes until I run out of time. I generally pull off two 4* recruits and eleven of the 3/2* recruits. Once I get below ten recruits from my board, I start using 60 minutes per recruit and keep filling the board to ten recruits. With ISU at 2*, I can generally get between 20-23 4/3/2* recruits that I need and in the offseason I can bring that number up to 30-35 with 1/2* recruits just to fill out positions. I only offer scholarships if they are 3/4* recruits. When you are grabbing recruits make sure to investigate their stats otherwise they will turn out terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I usually put about 15-20 players on my list, and pick out the top 10 I want to recruit. If they are in my pipelines, I dont want to be more than 400 points back, if they aren't in my pipeline I try not to go after them if I'm more than 300 points back. I give my top 10 the full 60 minutes a week, unless I have a pretty good lead on them. If I get too far back, then I drop them and give those minutes to the next guy on my list.

Recruiting in this game really comes down to picking the right players to go after. Try not to waste time on guys you wont sign, and dont spread your minutes out among too many players. Pick guys you think you can sign, and then go after them.

Also, dont just pay attention to stars. All the recruits are ranked, and there is a big difference between a guy near the top of the 3 stars (might be the 300th overall player) and the bottom of the 3 stars (low as 1200th overall).
Old 08-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Here's my question: I'm Florida State. A couple of my top recruits made "Soft" verbals to other schools. But when I look at the team rankings, I'm behind by a very tiny margin, like 1 to 10 points.

Does that mean those players are poachable? I've been using negative recruiting, contrasting my strong points over the "Soft" verbal squad.

Any advice you guys can give here? I am pouring a full 60 minutes into these guys and could use some advice. Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »