Home

Recruiting help?

This is a discussion on Recruiting help? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5
Recruiting help?

hey guys im having a hard time recruiting for the oregon ducks...it seems that every player i try and recruit goes to texas or florida...ive changed the difficulty even and still the same thing happens. im hoping that some of you dynasty gods can give me some tips on how to get recruits to my school cuz its slowly making me not want to play NCAA 11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Recruiting help?

Are you going after recruits that have you in their top 3-5?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Pro

live to die54's Arena

i go for recruits that have me in there top 10
Old 08-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm having similar trouble.

I started a dynasty with a 1* school. Put it on Heisman recruit level, got 1 commitment my 1st year. Now my team is full of walk-ons. I moved the recruit level down one, but I am still have little success. Even going after mainly 2* and some 3* players.

Anyone have this figured out?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by live to die54
hey guys im having a hard time recruiting for the oregon ducks...it seems that every player i try and recruit goes to texas or florida...ive changed the difficulty even and still the same thing happens. im hoping that some of you dynasty gods can give me some tips on how to get recruits to my school cuz its slowly making me not want to play NCAA 11
Try targeting only like 12-15 guys during the season and go full 60 min each week and they will get more interested in you. Only target your strong needs during the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by the roo 22

I started a dynasty with a 1* school. Put it on Heisman recruit level, got 1 commitment my 1st year. Now my team is full of walk-ons. I moved the recruit level down one, but I am still have little success. Even going after mainly 2* and some 3* players.

I have yet to figure this out too. I'm NMSU, also a 1 star. Target only pipeline kids. Look at 1 star recruits too, as some have better attributes than some 2 stars. Like "C" blocking for a 1 star compared to "D" for the 2 star. You can usually get a 1 star to commit before long. Try to stay away from the "D-" for their important stats.

Once you get down like 500 points, just give up on the kid, even if he has you 2nd. I don't think you will get him at that point if you have both offered schollies.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by the roo 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
Try targeting only like 12-15 guys during the season and go full 60 min each week and they will get more interested in you. Only target your strong needs during the season.
Thats what worked for me even with a 3* school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
I have yet to figure this out too. I'm NMSU, also a 1 star. Target only pipeline kids. Look at 1 star recruits too, as some have better attributes than some 2 stars. Like "C" blocking for a 1 star compared to "D" for the 2 star. You can usually get a 1 star to commit before long. Try to stay away from the "D-" for their important stats.

Once you get down like 500 points, just give up on the kid, even if he has you 2nd. I don't think you will get him at that point if you have both offered schollies.
I dont think there is much you can do about it. In NCAA Football 10, we were able to recruit 3* even 4* guys because there were overlooked by other schools. If you got lucky they'd end up listing you and as the only scholarship you end up getting them.

Now 1* schools have to live off of low prospects and pray for transfers.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
Pro

live to die54's Arena

so just go after 12-15 recruits and have them have my school either top 3 or top 5?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »