Home

My Dynasty poll?

This is a discussion on My Dynasty poll? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9
My Dynasty poll?

checking the polls after my 5th game, i noticed that Stanford(4-1) ranked #25 and Mich St.(4-1) ranked #27 were both ranked ahead of me(Notre Dame 5-0) not ranked although i had beaten both teams, Stanford by 2, and Mich St. by 22. just one question, WTF?

update: played week 6 and Stanford dropped out of the top 25 w/ a loss but Mich St is still #23 at 5-1 and i'm #25 at 6-0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: My Dynasty poll?

I've beaten the #1 team as the #3 team a number of times and been regulated to #2.

Right now, I just finished a 13-0 season with Florida, but Stanford and Wisconsin will be playing for the title. Both undefeated as well. The best part is, I was #2 at one point, then suddenly was #3 for the rest of the season.

The polls always have and always will suck. I'm sure in reality a 13-0 UF team wouldn't drop to #3 and also be gipped out of a championship by an undefeated Pac-10 team and an undefeated Big Ten team (because we haven't seen what happens to undefeated Big Ten teams in championship games have we >.>)
Old 08-06-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

This happens in real life all the time. See the 08 UT/OU debacle.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:01 AM   #4
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Sounds like an accurate representation of the BCS.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Swolecat's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Sounds like an accurate representation of the BCS.
Absolutely. Sounds like another good start to a brewing argument for playoffs if you ask me lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 02:30 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Maybe the other teams have beaten higher ranked teams than you have. If Michigan State is 5-1, that means they would have beaten Wisconsin (who was probably ranked pretty high) and Michigan (who may have been ranked, although you must have beaten them too if you're 6-0). It is screwy that you beat them and you're behind them in the polls. This game has never had it down exactly right. then again, neither has the real BCS.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had a similar ND issue. I was in my third season. Ranked #11 at the end of my one loss second. Start this season ranked #15. Beat Purdue, beat Stanford. Ranked #14. Crushed #2 Michigan in my second game, and the rankings are: #11 Notre Dame, #10 Michigan. The next week when I beat #7 Michigan State, it finally put me up to #6.

I'm disappointed, though -- I was eventually up to #3 behind #1 Bama and #2 USC. The disappointment was that USC lost before I could play them!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »