Home

Future idea....possible or even liked?

This is a discussion on Future idea....possible or even liked? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Future idea....possible or even liked?

Future Vision I have....is it possible or even liked?
fficeffice" />>>
I’m a huge sports gaming fan and love the direction of EA Sports in their pursuit of "if it's in the game..." As many, I have grunted about possible ideas I'd like to see in the game, but, never put a ton of thought into it. They usually come around and pairing that with including stuff I never thought of, I’m a happy camper.
>>
Background
>>
I feel like I’m struggling to hold on to a dying trend sometimes, in that I enjoy my single player dynasty. The online sensation hasn't hit me as hard as others. But, with the gaming world venturing in that direction and my peers jumping in, its hard to ignore. I will say I have enjoyed it in other games, specifically NHL. Love the team play concept. But, My NCAA is a whole other animal with me.
>>
Who my idea is for
>>
EVERYONE. I had to think, if I’m going to express an idea for the first time, it can't be detailed to just my liking. I thought about us single player dynasty players as well as the online group ( I think my idea will suck more of us single player gamers into online as well). I also built off something I had heard once about how EA wanted to try different things with the RTG part (I think they thought about pairing it with the basketball side)
>>
The Idea
>>
Coaching Positions. Every year I get my game and find the small school I’m going to start with. I can't bring myself to start my career as the head coach of Michigan. But, those first four years, I hate that missing out on the players I know the most about my favorite school. But, what if I could start as a position coach there? Here is where the Idea takes off.
>>
Coaching Positions:
>>
Head Coach
Off. Cord.
Def Cord.
QB coach
RB coach
WR coach
O-Line coach
D-Line coach
LB Coach
Secondary coach
>>
Lets say I start off my coaching career with Michigan as the LB coach in my dynasty. During this time, I am in control of the LB's and LB's only during game play, roster changes and recruiting. Over time I get offers for other coaching positions. Maybe even Michigan offers me the Off. coordinator job. Here I am in charge of the entire offense in game play, rosters and recruiting. I also have an offensive style attached to me I can incorporate only if I am at the level of coaching allowed.
>>
More years, more success and then head coaching jobs come at me. Maybe now is the time to take that Middle Tennessee State HC job. I’m now in control of everything. Everything now that wasn't included could contain disciplinary actions, schedule, etc. Maybe I have an identity as a head coach of being more of a developer or good recruiter that can be built on with success.
>>
Expanding the idea
>>
This is where I thought I could be on to something. Imagine starting an online dynasty with some buddies. You take the HC job and file your friends into the remaining spots.
>>
The difference with applying this idea to an online team is assigning each their responsibilities. Where in the single player model, you are limited to your one position and the jobs of that position, such as the offensive cord. Calls only offensive plays. The online version could have the head coach assigning multiple responsibilities to other coaches. Game play, play calling and recruiting can be assigned out by the coach. For example:
>>
The HC handles offensive play calling, QB’s on offense in gamplay and LB’s on defense. He also handles all recruiting
Player A handles defensive playcalling, WR’s and OL on offense in gamplay and DB’s on defense.
Player B handles RB’s on offense in gamplay and DL on defense.
>>
In this example the HC chose to handle all the recruiting responsibilities, while also being the Off. Cord., QB coach and LB coach.
Player A is the Def. Cord., WR coach, OL Coach and DB coach.
Player B is the RB coach and DL coach.
>>
Now think about playing in a league and having to deal with other teams offering some of your coaches positions on their roster. Talk about a REAL feel for college football.
>>
Expanding even more
>>
Now to throw in another avenue. The RTG series comes across as played out. However, think about it as a new starting point. Start a career as a high school player, signing with a school and enjoying your playing career at the school your with. After your last game, imagine being offered a chance to come back to your school as an assistant coach, coaching the position you were just playing. Puts a cool new twist on a stalled series of the game.
>>
Final thoughts
>>
I have never posted anything or expressed ideas about this game before, but, this one stood out to myself as after I was done thinking about it. I honestly don’t know where I would start if the option was for real. For me, that a big deal and a sign it could be a good idea. Is it liked by others? Is it possible?
Let me know what you think and thanks for reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Future idea....possible or even liked?

I could probably play that type of game. If play is the right word, the description is much more sim heavy imo. More like something for the PC maybe? EA Sports would have to revamp the engine or come up with a brand new college game(like NFL Head Coach).
Old 08-06-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't see as drastic of a change or feel. to me its adding what they already do as far as the gameplay in RTG, but, with the dynasty and limiting what you can do when your in lesser positions.

the main idea stemmed from just wanting the title of assistant coaches for creating a new coaching road. So maybe you see the more detailed version as becoming too much. Could be a case of stopping myself before I get too complex...lol.

A more detailed coaching profile should be the next task. custom playbook and style. I'd rather attach a coach being more recruiting, developing..etc. and then build off those with your actions.

Thanks for your input.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:03 AM   #4
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

People have suggested this many times before. I do however think they should add back in being able to coach your team at the end of your RTG careers. They had that back in the xbox/ps2 days when they first introduced "Race to the Heisman" or whatever it was called then. It was a lot more fun that way, building your team up as a player then get them even farther as a coach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »