Home

Whats the difference between kickoff return and middle return?

This is a discussion on Whats the difference between kickoff return and middle return? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Whats the difference between kickoff return and middle return?

Havent quite been able to figure it out. Anyone see a difference? And why is there a middle return but no left/right return?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Whats the difference between kickoff return and middle return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
Havent quite been able to figure it out. Anyone see a difference? And why is there a middle return but no left/right return?
If you look closely one has 2 men deep to receive a kick left or right. The other, middle return, has just one guy back deep.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blLLD0
If you look closely one has 2 men deep to receive a kick left or right. The other, middle return, has just one guy back deep.
Yea... Kick Return has Returner 1 on the left hash, Returner 2 on the right hash. Return Middle has both in the center, with Returner 2 about 10 yards in front of Returner 1.

I always pick Return Middle even though it means CPU will always kick toward sideline. It means my best returner always gets it. It also means on squib kicks there's a good chance my second best returner picks it up.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Aha, that makes sense...I was picking middle return always because I seemed to have better results, but had put my best KR at the #2 spot because the cpu always seemed to kick away from the #1 guy in the past...thought they were doing the opposite this time as my #1 guy was always getting it. :doh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »