Home

Official ONLINE ISSUES thread

This is a discussion on Official ONLINE ISSUES thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Official ONLINE ISSUES thread

There's no defense online, a tuner pack needs to be released, or at least change ranked matches to Heisman level.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #58
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Really getting tired of the ridiculous lag and constant disconnects. EA's servers issues are completely sucking the fun out of this game for me.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Really getting tired of the ridiculous lag and constant disconnects. EA's servers issues are completely sucking the fun out of this game for me.
That is really odd AA. I have not had really any lag online and have not had 1 disconnect.

All my games play lag free for the most part. Only two games I can remember given me issues is of course UFC 2010 and their piss poor servers & NBA 2k10 on PC with the "in the paint" drop glitch.

Honestly I think it must be something on your NAT. I would try opening DMZ just for a game and see if that helps. If you open your DMZ and you still having issues then it might be your provider. Call them and tell them to run a test on your line to see how much signal loss is being seen. They could tell if maybe your "incoming" lines are getting interference or signal degradation at some point.

I don't believe it is so much EA's servers as it is something on either the provider or your network settings.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 6

After the last patch, I have constant disconnects. For some reason i can't play online games. Every time i play a ranked game or an online dynasty game it seems to disconnect me from xbox live, then reconnects me after they give me the loss when i'm usually up 14-0. I only get disconnected from Xbox live when i'm playing this game. Even when i'm playing online dynasty games versus the cpu it disconnects me from live, then i can't record the game. Very Frustrating.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Has anyone had an issue where they take videos and picture highlights and then when you go to exit it says you're not connected to Xbox Live and then the game asks you if you want to report the results of the game, abandon it and basically your game has frozen and you cannot select anything?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezymac
^^^This is my biggest issue. Just ran the table with the Blue Magic (Tar Heels). Conference championship, coach of the year, nat'l championship...gone. Whats the point of having autosave if it doesnt include the profiles in that scope??

To EAs credit, this actually isnt a problem on their end. A couple of my friends and I used to have the same issue with CoD, as well as prev. gen NCAAs and Madden. It basically boils down to your connection NAT type. There are basically three types, aptly numbered 1, 2 and 3. If both ppl have 1 or 2, there's typically no issue connecting to play an online game. If one of your types is 3, it actually conflicts with the connection btw the two users and they cant start their game. There are several supposed fixes to the problem such as opening up modem/router ports, establishing a static IP, etc., etc. but my friend only solved his problem when he called his internet provider and had his router bridged. Im sure someone better versed in the matter can explain it in better detail or if you want immediate answers, just search PS3/Xbox nat type and follow the breadcrumbs.
I have the same issue with my brother. We both have NAT type 2. Is anyone having this problem and you both have the same NAT type?

Any ideas or insight into this matter would be much appreciated.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #63
Rookie

Amp98's Arena

I've had the game since it came out but just recently started playing online. I've played 2 games so far. I play on normal speed during offline games and the game speed online seems just a tad bit slower. I assume this is due to lag.

During normal game play the lag is tolerable but it really kills my kicking. It is pointless for me to try kicking field goals. I push up on the right stick like I normally would but the delay in it registering always gives me a really weak kick.

Are these things normal? Are the rest of you experiencing the same thing? Maybe I had a bad connection during those 2 games I played.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amp98
I've had the game since it came out but just recently started playing online. I've played 2 games so far. I play on normal speed during offline games and the game speed online seems just a tad bit slower. I assume this is due to lag.

During normal game play the lag is tolerable but it really kills my kicking. It is pointless for me to try kicking field goals. I push up on the right stick like I normally would but the delay in it registering always gives me a really weak kick.

Are these things normal? Are the rest of you experiencing the same thing? Maybe I had a bad connection during those 2 games I played.
Little trick for online kicking. As soon as you see the meter - push up, you'll be near full strength every time. Make it a reflex thing, down, as soon as you see any color push up, full strength. It's that easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »