Home

Is Dynasty irreparably broken?

This is a discussion on Is Dynasty irreparably broken? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 04:30 AM   #25
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is Dynasty irreparably broken?

Some things are broken, they shouldn't be irreparable. Until they get fixed it just depends on what kind of dynasty you want to play.

Theres no way I'd start a dynasty as a bad team in a bad conference right now knowing that even if I improve most of my conference will regress and a lot of teams will end up D+ to D-.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #26
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Is Dynasty Broken?

*QB Awareness unrealistically negates other aspects of QB skills
*Depth charts out of whack
*Teams recruiting random players that don't match their schemes
*Unrealistically low rushing averages
*Unrealistic recruit ratings for WR, CB,K, possibly more
*Removal of old features such as training camp and an expanded coach profile

If all you care about is playing your games, paying attention to your team and winning championships then you should be fine. If you enjoy being immersed in a realistic NCAA football league, expecting it to be a in depth experience at actually developing a program, forget about it. Just too many problems,and nothing to do besides play games and monotonously recruit players over and over.

4 of those 6 issues you listed are quite subjective really... You may want to consult with an encyclopedia every time you play the game, to check for any anomalies. I don't understand how we can say it is unrealistic for a video game dynasty mode, which is fake, to have a different overall YPC average or team that wins the championship.

Secondly, you make it sound like the offense for the CPU is tripping over themselves because their depth chart has some small intricacies -- trust me, they're not. I have a hard time beating them on AA.

Can we be a bit more picky? What if we just enter in what the score and stats are supposed to be and forget about actually playing the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Some things are broken, they shouldn't be irreparable. Until they get fixed it just depends on what kind of dynasty you want to play.

Theres no way I'd start a dynasty as a bad team in a bad conference right now knowing that even if I improve most of my conference will regress and a lot of teams will end up D+ to D-.
...and this was fixed. Teams will weaken a couple of points from becoming only generated rosters and then level off.

Did you not get the tuner pack?

Last edited by EvanRG; 08-07-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:56 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Dynasty mode is not perfect. It is very fun. I am just going to create about 15 kickers each year to help with the kicking problem and a few Wr's so that my draft classes for madden will have some decent Agile players , but besides that i am have the most fun i have ever had with ncaa football since last gen. I hope with the patch and with a few more tuning packaked it can get even better.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #28
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
...and this was fixed. Teams will weaken a couple of points from becoming only generated rosters and then level off.

Did you not get the tuner pack?
Yes I got the tuner. Even after 1/4th of the teams in the game end D+ or worse (with 10% at D-) which is still a lot lower than default rosters.

it's definitely better than before but no it was not fixed.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #29
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Is Dynasty Broken?

*QB Awareness unrealistically negates other aspects of QB skills
*Depth charts out of whack
*Teams recruiting random players that don't match their schemes
*Unrealistically low rushing averages
*Unrealistic recruit ratings for WR, CB,K, possibly more
*Removal of old features such as training camp and an expanded coach profile

If all you care about is playing your games, paying attention to your team and winning championships then you should be fine. If you enjoy being immersed in a realistic NCAA football league, expecting it to be a in depth experience at actually developing a program, forget about it. Just too many problems,and nothing to do besides play games and monotonously recruit players over and over.
That pretty much summarizes it. There are other design decisions that I personally don't agree with, but I can live with those if the fundamentals of dynasty mode are done correctly. There is a lot to fix as of now and I don't anticipate that Patch #2 is going to fix most of the problems with Dynasty mode.

As with every EA Sports "sim" game, I'll have to water down my killer instinct and water down my gaming experience to make up for the obvious CPU AI weaknesses and flaws.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Yes I got the tuner. Even after 1/4th of the teams in the game end D+ or worse (with 10% at D-) which is still a lot lower than default rosters.

it's definitely better than before but no it was not fixed.
Maybe it's just me, but doesn't your research (the chart looks great, by the way) show the problem was fixed? That looks like a good distribution to me.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I have simmed to your so-called "2013" and have seen the promise land...

I think you need to sell NCAA pronto, haha.

You have no concept of a video game if you simply are destroyed by the fact that a game will have flaws but still be exciting, fun and enjoyable. If I wanted to, I could go through every little detail each season just to make myself upset that USC started a FB at TE, but what exactly does that do for me? Especially considering that I can do exactly JACK-SQUAT about it.

Try enjoying the game or trade it in for Madden -- I did that with NCAA 10.
I never said i wasn't enjoying the game and am not selling it anytime soon, haha.

I have no concept of a video game because is see the flaws and in your words dont find it exciting fun and enjoyable? what are you talking about?

anyway i was just commenting on how you always seem to be full steam ahead on belittling what alot of people are saying about the flaws. but if you like playing a season or two with stock rosters and restarting more power to you brother
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #32
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Maybe it's just me, but doesn't your research (the chart looks great, by the way) show the problem was fixed? That looks like a good distribution to me.
I agree, there should only be a few teams in the 90's (the elite), having a team rated 99 overall is extremely unrealistic. That's like a All-American team. Still my favorite NCAA of all time, but that's my opinion.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »